Can't connect to the database server - invalid password or l

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sikalias, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sikalias

i have a server running windows 2003 with exchange 2003 and apache.
    i have installed 3cx ver 3 and everything was perfect.

i uninstalled ver3 and i installed the ver 5.1 .

after the installation completes and while opening the control panel window:

Can't connect to the database server - invalid password or login name

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "administrator"<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'administrator', '')<br /> #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br /> #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(78): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br /> #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br /> #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br /> #5 {main}

any help will be valuable for me.
    Best regards

2. Philco

Philco Member

3. sikalias

thank you for your reply. i tried restarting the services but the problem remains.
    also i tried uninstalling 3cx and installing it again, but sill it cannot connect to the server database.

4. coelhopsi

Have you checked if the password contained in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\Data.ini is the original password set for the database? The field you should check is db_password.

5. jpieren

the installer seems to have issues on two things:

1. It does not add the user "phonesystem__3cx__" to the local users group (at least on my domain member computer but it's fine if it's a DC....).
    2. It does not create the user entered during the installation into the DB roles. To fix it download the pgAdminIII tools from http://www.pgadmin.org login into the DB on port 5480 and super user name password found in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\data.ini (use db_sys_user and db_sys_password). Then add a new login role and use the username/password enterd during the installation or found in the above data.ini file (db_user, db_password) and as superuser.

have fun....
    Jay

:lol:

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The installer creates those entries just fine. There must be something stopping it from being created on your system.

If you are a licensed user, please log a support incident in our user portal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.