Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't connect to the database server - invalid password or l

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sikalias, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sikalias

i have a server running windows 2003 with exchange 2003 and apache.
    i have installed 3cx ver 3 and everything was perfect.

i uninstalled ver3 and i installed the ver 5.1 .

after the installation completes and while opening the control panel window:

Can't connect to the database server - invalid password or login name

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "administrator"<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'administrator', '')<br /> #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br /> #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(78): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br /> #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br /> #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br /> #5 {main}

any help will be valuable for me.
    Best regards

2. Philco

Philco Member

3. sikalias

thank you for your reply. i tried restarting the services but the problem remains.
    also i tried uninstalling 3cx and installing it again, but sill it cannot connect to the server database.

4. coelhopsi

Have you checked if the password contained in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\Data.ini is the original password set for the database? The field you should check is db_password.

5. jpieren

the installer seems to have issues on two things:

1. It does not add the user "phonesystem__3cx__" to the local users group (at least on my domain member computer but it's fine if it's a DC....).
    2. It does not create the user entered during the installation into the DB roles. To fix it download the pgAdminIII tools from http://www.pgadmin.org login into the DB on port 5480 and super user name password found in C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\data.ini (use db_sys_user and db_sys_password). Then add a new login role and use the username/password enterd during the installation or found in the above data.ini file (db_user, db_password) and as superuser.

have fun....
    Jay

:lol:

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The installer creates those entries just fine. There must be something stopping it from being created on your system.

If you are a licensed user, please log a support incident in our user portal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.