Can't connect to the database server - invalid password ...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi

i just installed 3CX but i have problem in starting it. Although i can connect to the web interface i can not connect to the database : i get the folowing message:

Can't connect to the database server - invalid password or login name

SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "XXXX"
    #0 C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(35): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'XXXX', 'XXXXX')
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fDN.php(23): CallContext->getConnection()
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(19): fDN->getData()
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX\PhoneSystem\Data\Http\status.php(100): fObject->getManager()
    #4 {main}

I remember that during installation it asked me only for a username/password and not for a database username/password.

Thank you

Any ideas?

Budoka806

2. pip-k

I've been having the same problem for the past few weeks. The Database server is running, but the database password is incorrect.

There have been a few posts on the forum about this error, and nothing has really been done so far.

I have managed to reset the password, by changing pg_hba.conf to trust and then using pgAdmin to connect to the database and change the password for 'phonesystem'. Although this will allow access to the database, it then comes up with this error,

The following information is part of the event: ERROR: relation "dn" does not exist

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Philip

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Philip,

i will try it and let you know.

4. pip-k

If you look in Data.ini you will find the original password for phonesystem

db_sys_user=phonesystem
    db_sys_password=EF11C93F-3E70-4D6E-A2C9-AC87944EC028

When connecting with pgAdmin it brings up a message about the database being created to store SQL-ASCII using only 7bits and not 8bits. I don't know if this can have any bearing,probably not, but it might.

Philip

5. vadim

Some customers have this problem. Usually it is php-postgresql communication problem. We prepared special build some of the php dll's. Send me your e-mail to vadim@3cx.com and i'll send it to you.

6. vadim

It's correct.

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

PHP-postgres SQL problem

Hi,

We are aware of this problem but have been unable to reproduce the situation on our test networks in order to solve it.

We have prepared special debug versions so that we can find out the exact problem remotely and fix it.

So all customers who have this problem, please work with us and we will fix this asap. Please contact us at vadim <at> 3cx.com or just to support <at> 3cx.com

Thanks for your patience and cooperation!

8. vadim

9. MikeA

That URL is not working now and since that message was dated Dec 7, 2006 I would assume that the build is out.

I have version free version 3CX Phone System v3.0.1928.0 and I have that same problem. I can log in but I cannot get access to the database. I am not logging in as localhost but as http://127.0.0.1:5481/login.php?action=2. I would think that would not make a difference but it may.

If that is the problem how can I change localhost to 127.0.0.1 for the database?

If that is not the problem, how can I solve the problem so I can use the Management Console?

Thank you in advance.

Mike