Can't connect to the database server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by respecte, Feb 27, 2008.

1. respecte

I am using 2003 server, with Grandstreem phones. This error has now happen in different iterations, each time pointing to the postgres db. Each time, I have to reinstall the 3cx, any thoughts?

==========
    Can't connect to the database server
    SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: could not access status of transaction 0<br />
    DETAIL: could not write to file "pg_subtrans/001C" at offset 81920: No space left on device<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(37): PDO->__construct('pgsql:dbname=ph...', 'als', 'cool')<br />
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\CallContext.php(86): CallContext->getConnection()<br />
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fExtension.php(78): CallContext->safeExec('select DN.IDDN ...', Array, 'Cannot get Exte...')<br />
    #3 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fObject.php(90): fExtension->getData()<br />
    #4 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\index.php(7): fObject->getManager()<br />
    #5 {main}

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

2. landfiets

landfiets New Member

do you have other databases running?
    how did you configure windows 2003.
    do you run antivirus? which one

3. respecte

The server has quite a few things running on it;

I have 2 db services running on the machine, MSSQL and MySql. I have stopped the former, but the later is used by Sugar CRM (MySQL and Apache), an app we use a lot.
    It has Exchange 2003
    IIS web server for Exchange OWA

But when I restart Postgres it starts and stops and complaining that "The 3cx phonesystem database server service on local machine started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example the performace logs and Alert service"

I just completely disabled MSSQL, since this one can be disposed of, the rest are pretty integral.

Thanks for the help.

4. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Maybe you can run 3CX by Virtual MAchine.
    Try that.

5. respecte

Very excellent thought, will try that. Just so worried that the error message leads me nowhere, despite numerous searches on web sites of Postgress etc.

Thanks a great deal..

6. darrellchapman

I run 3CX on Windows 2003 Server and also have MSSQL installed and running on this machine however am not having any problems. This may be a long shot but I would suggest you try changing the port used by the PG database from 5480 to another port that's not in use. If you can start the DB after this you know its a port conflict.

You can change the port that PG listens on by editing the following line in X:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\DB\postgresql.conf

TO: port=[unused port #]

Remember to change it back to 5480 when you've finished diagnosing otherwise 3CX won't be able to communicate with the DB (unless someone knows of a way to inform 3CX of the new port???).

Darrell Chapman