Can't do a ring all with call queue?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jcasanova, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcasanova

I can't find a way to do a call queue which rings all logged in agents. I'd normally use a ring group but this is a special case where I need on hold music that is non-standard.

Does anyone know how to make it ring ALL logged in agents in a call queue? Or make the ring group play on hold music that is not the system's on hold music?

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Create a Ring group with all those you want to make members of this 'Ring all queue', and set this ring group to ring all (e.g. 800).

Then create an extension which will never be used (e.g.100) and set extension to have the queue status as logged out and user status as Away

Then create a Queue and set this extension (100) as the only member of this queue. And under the 'Destination if no answer' section of the queue set it to 'Connect to Queue/Ring group' and make it to forward to the ring group above (800)

Like this the Queue will immediately be diverted to the ring group and all phones will ring, while the caller will hear will hear the queue music.

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jcasanova

Wow! Thanks!

That works great! I tested it with both internal and external (inbound) calls and had no problems.

Thanks so much!

4. TechTonic

I am trying to do the same and the alexmallia solution works well apart from one element. I keep getting a timeout at 60 seconds no matter what settings I use:

Individual Extension forwarding rules set to 'Continue ringing for 180 seconds' for every extension in the ring group.
    Ring Group set to 'Ring Time (seconds) 180'.
    Call Queue left at default 'Maximum Queue Wait Time (seconds) 1800'.

The call is set up, caller receives music and queue position announcements, all phones ring in the ring group and then after 60 seconds I get the following log entry:

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    TT

5. TechTonic

Bump!

Any ideas on this?
    60 second problem remains in the latest 7.1 release. I think this could be a bug.

Thanks

TT

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Ring all is currently not supported for queues, but will be in v8...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. TechTonic

Nick

Thanks, that's good news. Looking forward to version 8.

TT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.