Can't establish connection to Web API

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 0netwothree, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0netwothree

Hi all,

We're on version 14 SP1 and we're getting an issue when using the softphone:

3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX Phone System Web API. As a result, features like Contacts and presence information will not be available. You can still make and receive Phone calls via SIP whilst we try and re-establish full functionality in the background.

This happens just after logging in/registering. We have users on the internal network (within the same network as the phone server) and users that use the tunnel to connect in, who also get this issue.

I've tried doing some of the fixes that I've seen on the forums but without any luck.

Any idea on what we can do to fix this?

Cheers,

2. 0netwothree

I've managed to find the link that 's used for my presense information within the welcome email config.

It references <MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>https://MYPHONESERVER:5001/myphone/mpwebservice,asmx when connecting to this site it says the phone version is Version 12?!

It looks as though they're out of sync with the management console which says version 14 SP1... Is there a way to just install the updated V14 MyPhone web part or is this a red herring?

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Externally try accessing https: //MYPHONESERVER:5001/management and see if loads the Management Console, then try logging into it.

I had once seen a case where the users had forgot to uninstall/remove the old 3CX Server and had left all port forwarding in place so they had 2 3CX Servers (new and old) running in parallel.

4. daktur

daktur New Member

NickD_3CX,

Check this post to fix it , there is an issue when using iis server on ports443 and 80:

post174532.html#p174532

Good luck!

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Doing port translation on the HTTP/S ports is not a good idea... I have seen this cause issues with IVRs, menus not loading, mails not being sent many times. Also it is a real pain to troubleshoot because it is not very straight forward to find.

If you want to use other ports than 80/443, install with Abyss Web Server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.