Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't get Call Center to work the way I want

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GManNAtl, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GManNAtl

We are utilizing a Que for our Main Incoming calls with 3 receptionists. As a backup we have another 7 or so employee's we want the calls to go to, but ONLY if one of the main 3 are available.

Initially I added them all to one que and used Prioritized for the Polling and put them in the order we'd like them answered. The problem is that if it gets past the first 3 users and one of them comes available it just continues to hunt down the list. If these users don't answer it never goes back to the top unless it goes all the way to the end. Even if the users are there logged in and at their desk I don't really want them to answer if one of the main 3 are available. So, the bottom line is this just will not work for us. Every other ACD I have worked on would immediately bring the call back to the user with the highest priority as soon as they became available, not just continue to the bottom of the list.

So, what I decided on was to use two que's and have the first roll over after about 10 seconds. This does essentially work, but there are a lot of issues with this. First of all if I had MOH turned on for the que it just goes straight to music and the caller hears no ringback tone. When I enabled the intro prompt with MOH, they played over each other??? So, what I ended up having to do is use an intro in which I recorded ringback tone for a few rings (The owner hates automated systems, so we needed the ability for it to appear to ring). Then I just recorded some silence and applied this to the MOH. So, this works, but when the rollover occurs the caller hears a brief second of the global system MOH before getting the "fake" ringback in the second que. It is causing callers to think something is wrong and hangup before being answered. Our abandoned calls are off the chart and the owner is P'd.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how else I could set this up??? It seems just rolling calls from one que to an overflow que is a pretty standard setup as ACD's go, but the limitations in 3CX are astounding me. Also, am I missing something with regards to the Into Prompt functionality? Why can't I just get the que to provide ringback and say to play the into prompt after 12 seconds then it would begin to play MOH AFTER the prompt not on TOP OF IT? This is the way every ACD I have ever worked on across dozens of vendors has worked since the early 90's.

2. GManNAtl

I meant to say . .

As a backup we have another 7 or so employee's we want the calls to go to, but ONLY if one of the main 3 are NOT available.

Also, one more thing I just thought of. Is there a setting somewhere that will prevent hangups from showing as abandoned unless they reach a certain threshold? I have a couple of numbers that call constantly (probably auto-dialers) and hang up before the phone even rings. All of these calls end up showing as abandoned and make the reps look bad even though they don't have a chance to even get the call. Obviously, the owner is looking at these stats and is very skeptical despite my explanation. I can show him all the logs in the world and it doesn't matter, they are still missing calls :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.