Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't get demo system to work

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by drotkopf, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drotkopf

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a v7 3CX system (free version) on an XP Pro laptop with 2 Polycom phones (650 and 301) using firmware v3.2.2. Both phones provisioned from the TFTP server I set up on the laptop. I set up the phones config files to register to my laptop's IP address. Still, on the 3CX console I see both phones as not registered and I can't place calls between the phones. I set up the ID and PW in 3CX as in the phones.

Can anybody point me in the right troubleshooting direction? Are there any logs in 3CX that will show me what is going on, if a phone attempted registration, etc?

Thanks,

Dan

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Does your 3CX server status log show anything relative to registration? if necessary enable Verbose mode from the General menu and restart the 3CX Phone System service, then reboot the phones. What does Server status show now?

Ensure that any firewall service running on Windows XP is stopped and disabled. If you are using provisioning are you sure that the phones have pulled the configuration? the provisioning templates were made for use with firmware : Polycom 3.04.0061 . It is unlikely that the 3.2 firmware will work on the published templates. You will need to TFTP upload newer firmware to your phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. drotkopf

Hi William,

Now I'm seeing the Server Activity Log... It says the problem is authentication more or less like it says in http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/technical-documentation-dash/analyzing-registration:
    But additionally, I'm also getting:
    So here's the question. In the polycom cfg file for that phone I have:
    Code:
    reg.1.displayName="Dan Cito" reg.1.address="192.168.1.5" reg.1.label="100" reg.1.type="private" reg.1.lcs="" reg.1.csta="" reg.1.thirdPartyName="" reg.1.auth.userId="100" reg.1.auth.password="1100" reg.1.auth.optimizedInFailover="" reg.1.server.1.address="192.168.1.5" reg.1.server.1.port="5060" reg.1.server.1.transport="DNSnaptr" reg.1.server.2.transport="DNSnaptr" reg.1.server.1.expires=""
    And in the extension configuration in 3CX, under authentication I set ID as 100 and pw as 1100.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, can I ommit authentication and leave those fields blank?

Thanks,

Dan

4. discovery1

discovery1 Member

You need the authentication settings, otherwise the 3CX server will not accept the phone registration.

Create the extension 100 with password of 100 for testing - configure the polycom with the exact same settings and see if it registers correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. drotkopf

Hi,

It still doesn't register, for the same reason "Credentials don't match"
    This is how the polycom cfg file is set up. Maybe I'm using the wrong parameters...
    Code:
    reg.1.displayName="Dan Cito" 
    reg.1.address="192.168.1.5" 
    reg.1.label="100" 
    reg.1.auth.userId="100" 
    reg.1.auth.password="100" 
    reg.1.server.1.address="192.168.1.5"
    reg.1.server.1.port="5060" 
    reg.1.server.1.transport="DNSnaptr"
    Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

6. drotkopf

Hi,

Just fixed it. Kind of embarrasing for me...
    Insted of
    reg.1.address="192.168.1.5"
    it has to be
    reg.1.address="100"

I saw that from the error log that said:
    Source info: From: "Dan Cito"<sip:192.168.1.5@192.168.1.5>;

It's working!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.