• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't get logged into the Management Console and Phones went unregistered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I few of my phones went unregistered, in addition I can't get logged in to the Management Console with my FQDN. On IE the error I get is server not found. On crome I get a DNS server error. When I went to Ping the FQDN it says that the FQDN is not found. I tried using the IP address of the Management Console and Bingo I was able to get in. I went to network settings and FQDN tab, and my FQDN is there, but its not working. I switched 2 of the phones to the IP address instead of the FQDN for kicks and giggles to see if by change the phone would register, and believe it or not it did. It seems that something happened to the FQDN and I can not use it.. I'm at a lost here, as if the FQDN is in the management console, but I can't use the FQDN to access the Management Console, and phones wont register with it and I can only use the IP address, how do I fix this... My PBX is hosted at OVH

Hi Heath,

Are you using a 3CX hosted FQDN or are you managing your FQDN and SSL certificate yourself ?

Please also check the following:

* Under "Network Settings " in the PBX compare your public/FQDN settings match up to a "what is my IP" on the server itself.
* If you do an "nslookup" does your FQDN resolve correctly - to the correct IP.
* Check your IP/network/DNS is all correct and working from the 3CX Server.

Let us know how you get on, dependent on what answers you give I may have some more suggestions for you.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hosted. My 3cx is hosted at OVH. I did compare in the console and they match. The. NSLookup the FDQN doesn't resolve to anywhere.

OK, so there is your issue. When you installed 3CX did you opt for a 3CX supported FQDN or are you supporting yourself ?

If 3CX are supporting you may need to check with them as to the status of your FQDN (you must be in valid maintenance also).

If you are supporting you need to check/set this up correctly:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/fqdn-ssl-certificate-v15/

I'm using a 3cx supported fqdn. It's at north.3cx.us And there is an issue as I can't get in to my portal at https://xxxxx.north.3cx.us:5001 (xxxx = my name). And all the phones are out. I can access the portal by the IP address and the phones that use STUN I can only connect with IP address. I have a few that are using SBC and those can't connect.

Hello @Heath,

Please do send me your FQDN in a private message in order to check its status.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.