Can't get my Skype account to register...

Discussion in 'Android' started by ScottD, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottD

I've installed the app on my Nexus One but I'm confused about the Skype settings that are required for use.

The app looks great by the way, I can't wait to get it up and running.

Also, does the app provide for calls through a bluetooth headset?

Thanks.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We didn't try with Skype accounts yet. Can you try a voip provider to confirm that there is nothing wrong with the network or installation?

We are working on this. Future versions will be possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ScottD

I've now successfully tried a sip account. Wow, the call quality is great! Seems to beat Fring hands-down.

This leads me to another question. When I make a call, the caller id on the receiving end shows as "Restricted". Is there a setting (or will there be a setting in the future) to change the caller id to my name? Perhaps I need to contact my sip provider for this?

Thanks.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the feedback. GSM is a good codec - lightweight and perfect for these conditions.

If you see restricted it seems that the provider does not traverse the caller ID to this particular destinations. So yes I would contact the provider and take it from there. At least (depending on where you call) you should see the CID of the account you registered with on the 3CXPhone.

In the future we will definitely add the "DISPLAY NAME" field to the 3CXPhone for Android. Just like there is in the 3CXPhone for Windows. We just want to make sure at this point that the phone is stable, and works on as many platforms as possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.