Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't get V5 to work.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good evening, I have just spent the entire day attempting to get 3CX V5 to make and recieve calls on a broadvoice line.

The system is on a dedicated server.
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
    1 Gig of Ram
    250 Gigs of Hard drive (90% free)

The server has a static public IP address.
    I have attempted to configure the VoIP gateway for this line a number of ways and cannot seem to get a consistent connection. Sometimes the line registers ok and I can call out but can't recieve calls. Other times the line registers ok and I can recieve calls but can't call out. I have 2 other Broadvoice lines on a V3.1 3CX server on the same network and they work fine. When I put the problem Broadvoice line on the V3.1 server it also works fine.

I have attempted to mimick the settings on the V3.1 server but the V5 server doesn't seem to retain the settings that I enter. After editing the VoIP gateway and clicking ok a page pops up that is very similar to the settings page for V3.1 that allows me to enter my static IP etc. When I return to this same page after saving my changes none of the settings have been retained and I have to reenter again.

Anyone know what is going on?????

How do I set up 3CX V5 to use a static IP for the server and not Stun?

Is there a reference I can use? The manual doesnt even discuss this.

Thanks again,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.