Can't get Windows Phone to register

Discussion in 'Windows' started by weaver, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weaver

I have a 3CX server (free version for testing). I do not have a mail server that I can use; so I am trying to configure the 3CXPhone to work with the 3CX sever.

The password is working, the Available/Away is working on the extension status page. But it shows not registered.

The 3CX phone says: "CTI - No Phone Connection"

There is absolutly nothing in the Sever Activity Log on why it is not registered.

Here are my settings for the 3CXPhone:

Account Name: TWs
    Caller ID: 102
    Extension: 102
    ID: 102
    Password: this works
    In Office: selected 127.0.0.1 (tried external IP too, did not work)
    Out of Office: not selected
    Use 3CXTunnel when .. : not selected
    Re-Provisional URL: not selected

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

2. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi there,

You can send a welcome email and download the attachment from the email in order to provision the 3CX Phone for Windows instead of manually adding all the information. In order to send the welcome email navigate to 3CX Phone System >> Extensions >> Click on the extension once >> and press send welcome email. With regards to "CTI - No phone Connection" please note that if you do not have a hard-phone provisioned and the 3CX Phone for Windows is set in CTI mode then this message will prompt. In order to use only the 3CX Phone for Windows you will have to switch it to SIP mode (presse the telephone icon and select SIP ).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. weaver

I am a military contractor; our mail server is locked down TIGHT. Can't reach an outside SMTP server either, ports are locked. So email is not an option.

Regardless I did not know about the CTI/SIP mode. Moved it to SIP and it started working. Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.