• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't hear the first 1-1.5 seconds of a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYves

Customer
Reaction score
Hi

I've encountered a strange problem with our 3CX Phone System. When I call a customer and he picks up the phone, we can't hear his name, it's just silent on the other end. So we can't hear the first 1-1.5 seconds. This happens with our Panasonic DECT phones aswell with the 3CXPhones. We have both a VoIP provider and an ISDN gateway and the problem exists on both lines. The problem doesn't exist with our old ISDN phones though.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? Or how I could debug this?

Thanks in advance for you help.

It would help to know if this is a new install and if the issue has been around since the initial install or if it is something that has recently started on an established install. It would also help to know more about the setup (system hardware and OS)and particularly the router in use. Does the issue happen on both internal and external calls? If external, does it occur only when you call out or does it also occur when calls come in?

If an established install, then has anything at all changed in the environment? Firmware updates, new or changed hardware, router reconfiguration, ISP, etc.

Thanks for your reply.

It's a totally new system. We're currently switching from ISDN to VoIP with 3CX Phone System. The issue does also happen with internal calls. 3CX is running on Windows Server 2012 R2 on a beroNet Telephone Appliance (http://www.beronet.com/product/beronet-telephony-appliance/). There's only one switch between the appliance and the DECT basestation and our client PC's. It's a layer 2 switch, so no QoS support. But this shouldn't be a problem because it's Gigabit switch with very few traffic.

Anyone an idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.