• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Can't install Linux version on Linode KVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

minnesota

Free User
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am trying to install 3CX Linux on a Linode VPS using KVM. Everything goes fine until I select "Option 1" to configure it from web browser. You can scroll to the end of my SSH output and see an error exit status 139.

Any ideas on what this might be? I currently have my 3CX installed at OVH and followed the same direction as that. It works at OVH but not on my Linode KVM. Definitely followed instructions exactly as in the guide. Debian 8 64-bit, etc.

Any ideas on how to make this work? Thank you all

Welcome to the 3CX Configuration Tool

Help https://www.3cx.com

Press ESC to go back.

Select how to run the tool:

(1) Using a Web Browser

(2) From Command Line

Enter option: 1

Starting PbxWebConfigTool...Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXSystemService01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXCfgServ01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXEventNotificationManager.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXMediaServer.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXTunnel01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXIVR01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXSystemService01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXCfgServ01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXEventNotificationManager.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXMediaServer.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXTunnel01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXIVR01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXPhoneSystem01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/3CXQueueManager01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXPhoneSystemMC01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXPhoneSystem01.service.

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/3CXQueueManager01.service.

active

dpkg: error processing package 3cxpbx (--configure):

subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 139

Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u6) ...

Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...

Errors were encountered while processing:

3cxpbx

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

root@debian:~#

Anyone able to help? How do I get this fixed? We really need to get this up and running on Linode as the performance at OVH is horrible for us.

Thanks

Hello @minnesota

Please try the following and provide us with a feedback

dpkg --configure -a
apt-get remove 3cxpbx --purge
apt-get update
apt-get install 3cxpbx

Hello @minnesota

Please try the following and provide us with a feedback

dpkg --configure -a
apt-get remove 3cxpbx --purge
apt-get update
apt-get install 3cxpbx

Same results and error code. I've attached text file showing me following those commands and still having issues. Linode uses KVM so it should work properly, right?

Attachments

• 3CX Linode.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 10
I have attached screenshot of some options for this VPS. VM Mode is recommended to be in Paravirtualization mode instead of Full-Virtualization. Would I need to change this for 3CX to FULL?

Also, is the latest 64-bit kernel the correct one to be on? It is the default for the Debian 8 version I selected.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 9.51.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 9.51.27 AM.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 16
Was this resolved? I am getting the same error trying to install on a Linode VPS running Debian 8.

It appears the similar issue can be found on 15.5. Is there anyway to resolve this as the above suggestion does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.