• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't Install on XOOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryG

Reaction score
The app wont even show in the market for the Motorola XOOM. Would love to test it but its not there to install.

I've discovered that, that usually means it isn't compatible with the Android version you are running. There is obviously a data transfer that lets the Market know what device and version you are running. Although, there are certain apps that I know arecompatible (at least with the the version), and they still don't show up. Frustrating. I've had to Root, then use the terminal app to move the files from one to the other via the sdcard.

Correct, the XOOM is running Honeycomb. If there is a link to the APK I can try to install it.

Has it been confirmed, that the new release, it is supported on Android 2.3?

It doesn't appear in the market so I have no way to test it.

KerryG said:
It doesn't appear in the market so I have no way to test it.
Hi Kerry

I cannot attach it here, I don't know why, so please send me by PM an eMail address and I will send it to you to try.
Regards
vali

P.S it has been tested on:
- HTC Desire: Android 2.2, build 2.29.405.5
- HTC Wildfire : Android 2.2, build 2.22.405.1
- Samsung GT-I9000: Android 2.2 build Froyo.XXJPO
- Sony Ericsson Xperia U20i: Android 2.1 build 2.1.1.A.0.6
- Samsung GT-I5800: Android 2.1 build Eclair.XWJG8
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i: Android 2.0, build 2.0.2.A.0.24

Known issues:
- GT-I5800: switching Speaker/Earpiece is disabled during call
- GT-I5900: volume adjustment by device's volume button has no effect
- cannot register on a provider which requires an Auth ID different than User.

Bit of an old thread but in http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-for-android-un-supported-devices-20713.html#p104255 there is a quoted statement stating that the Motorola Xoom Android 3.1 is supported. In fact, the Xoom Android Honeycomb 3.1 is listed as being supported at AppBrain. If all this is true, why do I get an error when I try to install it.

3CXPhone shows up in the market as Version 1.2.11 released June 15, 2011. It will not show up on a search but will show when linking to the app from AppBrain.

When I try to install I get an error that says "Purchase cancelled, 3CXPhone for Android (VoIP); Your device is not compatible with this item."

Come on 3CX, fix this.
:evil:

Rancho, please check your PM.

I have it installed and working on my Xoom Wifi

KerryG said:
I have it installed and working on my Xoom Wifi

Where did you get the install file? The one I got from the market does not install and gives an error saying my device is not compatible.

guys check androidpid.com or slideme.org there you will find them as well publicly

For everybody interested, there is an updated - but not released on Android Market - version, numbered 1.2.11.43

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone.apk

Compared to the released (1.2.11.41) this version provide following significant fixes:
- displaying of remote caller id on incoming calls
- proper handling of non-standard server port on INVITE
- recording of both audio streams

Vali_3CX said:
For everybody interested, there is an updated - but not released on Android Market - version, numbered 1.2.11.43

Compared to the released (1.2.11.41) this version provide following significant fixes:

This one installed on my Xoom without a problem. Works great on my LAN. Just wish it could use the 3CX tunnel like 3CXPhone does. That would allow me to use it on my smart phone through 4G while out and about. My PBX is on a public facing IP but it seems without 3CX tunnel, remote use is not possible.

rancho said:
Vali_3CX said:

This one installed on my Xoom without a problem. Works great on my LAN. Just wish it could use the 3CX tunnel like 3CXPhone does. That would allow me to use it on my smart phone through 4G while out and about. My PBX is on a public facing IP but it seems without 3CX tunnel, remote use is not possible.

Well, as I was viewing a video at the VoIPStore I noticed a setting for extensions that I had not considered. So in the PBX settings for the extension assigned to my Android phone, in the 'Other' tab, under the 'Extension options', I unchecked 'Disallow use of extension outside the LAN', and sved the change. Lo and behold, my Android 3CX registered. So I tested it and it worked. :) Something I am noticing, however, with the output audio set to 'Earpiece' and the volume cranked all the way up, the audio is barely audible. I guess I'll post this issue to another topic. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.