Can't Install Phone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by CPUI, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPUI

Hello all,

I am trying to install the version 4 phone on a Vista PC. I have successfully installed it on another Vista PC running the same version.

When I double-click on the file the installer starts and the first windows comes up, but the NEXT button never enables so you can't continue. In Task Manager the status is Running so it doesn't appear to be tied-up, but it just sits there (I left it there for over an hour).

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. bero

You may try doing this,

Right click on the installer icon ->Select run as administrator->Then approve that the installer file may append your filesystem and allow it to do its changes to the program.

Let me hear how it goes :)

3. homeshoring

Hi,
    We're encountering the same issue also. After downloading the installer for the first time, and then we run the installer file, the next thing that happens is - a pop up message saying - "Please close all running 3cx phone if you want to install/change a new 3cx phone". The thing is, there is no 3cx phone installed in the computer and in fact, it's the first time the installer was downloaded to this computer. Please help.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Press CTRL+Alt+Delete at the same time and the TaskManager will pop up.

Go to Processes > Find the one that says: Voipphone.exe Right Click and End Task.
    Now you can install the new Voip Phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Open task manager and check what you have there. Check all processes remember.

Maybe you have an old voip client or something related.

The installer checks for 3CX Phone process. It has no reason to show that message if there is nothing running related to 3CX there.

Let us know on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

TIP

Show all process from all users. Maybe you have phone exe running under another user profile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.