Can't log into windows management console v.10

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KenC, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

After recently undating my (free) version of 3cx, it has been working well for months. Today I got several "stun resolution error" messages. I tried to log into the management console to look at logs but the default username and password dont' work anymore. It isn't like me at all to have changed them without writing the new ones down. Can this be reset?

I have a backup made usingthe backup tool, but I haven't tried a restore. Does the restore require the mystery username and password?

Thank you!

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

No you simply go to restore and pick the backup you want and restore the 3cx system to the settings from when you did the backup. Though the machine will not ask you for username and password to restore it will once the machine is restored and youre attempting to access the WMC. You should've did a backup then uninstall v10 install v11 than restored the server

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

When you update to V11 due note ring groups are no longer offered in the free version so only one extension will ring, if you have a need for ring groups it would be best to stay with v10 or purchase a license.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Just on that note - it's worse than that!

The ring groups just don't work at all, and rather than being presented to a single extension, your caller will hear a message saying that the facility is not supported int his version ... Doesn't help much and the caller has no idea what it means!

5. jpillow

You have two options either revert back to v10 or v11 Beta. other than that purchase a license. And yes foxhall you are 100% correct. I have a couple of clients really small offices and only went with the free version they are in the same boat, one of which tried to upgrade to v11 on their own and spent all day trying to figure out why they dont have ring groups anymore. I know 3cx wants to sell their paid licenses I'm all all for it I like to sell them like hotcakes but for small clients who want to try it out and then decide later topurchase if they grow etc, this is going to hurt those users definitely.
    f

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.