Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't Make External Calls only on 1 of 3 Providers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by deanrose, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanrose

Hi All -

I've recently setup a new Voip provider and can receive incoming calls just fine. Issue is when I attempt any outbound call I get a "Call Forbidden by Administrator". When I program the same SIP credentials directly in a phone (on same network but not part of 3cx system the call completes just fine). Error is as follows:

Call or Registration to 2148446611@(Ln.10003@RingCentral) has failed.
    [ V4 199.255.120.173:5090 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=1240 ] replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:199.255.120.173:5090

Other 2 providers don't have issues at all - just this one (Ring Central). Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Since it appears that they are rejecting your call, you might want to ask them why. It may be the format of the number you are sending, a problem with the account balance, or a verification issue.

Looking quickly at their site, they appear to use both a SIP Domain and an Outbound Proxy, each using a different port.

3. Sopock

Sopock Member

in that case they get correct caller ID?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, you could be causing a problem if you are attempting to change your outgoing caller ID to something that is not assigned to you by that provider. Leave the any caller display number fields, that you may have filled in, (anything not related to registration) and see if a call will go through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.