• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't Make External Calls only on 1 of 3 Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanrose

Customer
Reaction score
Hi All -

I've recently setup a new Voip provider and can receive incoming calls just fine. Issue is when I attempt any outbound call I get a "Call Forbidden by Administrator". When I program the same SIP credentials directly in a phone (on same network but not part of 3cx system the call completes just fine). Error is as follows:

Call or Registration to 2148446611@(Ln.10003@RingCentral) has failed.
[ V4 199.255.120.173:5090 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=1240 ] replied: 403 Forbidden; from IP:199.255.120.173:5090

Other 2 providers don't have issues at all - just this one (Ring Central). Any assistance would be appreciated.

Since it appears that they are rejecting your call, you might want to ask them why. It may be the format of the number you are sending, a problem with the account balance, or a verification issue.

Looking quickly at their site, they appear to use both a SIP Domain and an Outbound Proxy, each using a different port.

deanrose said:
When I program the same SIP credentials directly in a phone (on same network but not part of 3cx system the call completes just fine).
in that case they get correct caller ID?

As mentioned above, you could be causing a problem if you are attempting to change your outgoing caller ID to something that is not assigned to you by that provider. Leave the any caller display number fields, that you may have filled in, (anything not related to registration) and see if a call will go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.