• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't make external calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylogistix

Reaction score
Hello

I am using 3CX phone System Version 11.0
I have installed NEOGATE GSM TG100 VoIP gateway. On one server the system is working OK, I can send and receive external calls. On the second server, I can receive external calls but I cannot call out. I am getting a message that says, CALL FORBIDEN BY ADMINISTRATOR. The installation is identical.

In the event log, the following error is registered

Call or Registration to 0964563993@([email protected]) has failed. [ V4 192.xxx.xxx.144:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=800 ] replied: 403 Forbidden (Bad auth); from IP:192.xxx.xxx.144:5060

Anybody with great ideas

Regards

the fact that you have a "domainname" in the log, rather than a local IP, suggests that you are trying to send the call from a remote extension. If that is the case, then be sure that the actual Domain Name has been put into the Advanced settings of the PBX or any attempted "communication" using that name will be rejected, for security reasons.

I'm also assuming that this has never worked, rather than "was working and just stopped, for no reason".

Thank you for your contribution

I am trying to dial an external number using a local extension. I have checked the domain name entry in the advanced settings tab and has been done correctly. However, we have used similar equipment and setting on different site/server and it works perfectly fine.

But on this server, we are failing to dial out.

xylogistix said:
I am trying to dial an external number using a local extension.

If all devices are local (originating set and 3CX server, then why the use of a Doman Name? The local set should be sending the call to the local IP of the 3CX server. You might want to see if doing that makes a difference.

Only remote extensions should be programmed to use a Domain name, if required/desired as this will now require a DNS lookup, which then returns the public IP associated with that domain.

Has the extension been permitted to place outside calls?

Yes

The extension all extensions are permitted to make external call.
Where should I check?

I know its a very small mistake I have made somewhere in the configuration because this is my second 3CX server with this kind of setup. Their other server is working fine but iI failed to trace the difference in the config between the two.

Hello

My server has 2 NICs
I have resolved the problem of dialling out using the following method

1. Uninstall 3CX completely
2. Disable the I NIC
3. Install 3CX from scratch
3. Recreate all extension
4. configure the VoIP providers

All is working fine. Now I can dial in and out without a problem.

Now there is a new problem. Service pack update are failing install.
I will post screen shots of the errors

Hello

My server has 2 NICs
I have resolved the problem of dialling out using the following method

1. Uninstall 3CX completely
2. Disable the I NIC
3. Install 3CX from scratch
3. Recreate all extension
4. configure the VoIP providers

All is working fine. Now I can dial in and out without a problem.

Now there is a new problem. Service pack update are failing install.
I will post screen shots of the errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.