• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't make externals calls, can't recieve incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

npiersma

Customer
Reaction score
Gents,

I've just opened an account with a SIP provider in The Netherlands. (After a successfull run with XS4all).

No have installed Ethereal on the SIP server. However, I get the following. I can't make a call to the outside world. I get the error:

479 We dont accept private IP contacts. When a make a call it identifies as 10.0.1.71. But the RTP is reported correctly.

Then when a calls comes in from this voip provider it tries to contact to 10.0.1.71 (instead of my outside IP).

It worked fine with XS4all any tips?

And NAT strikes again, I guess.

Check if you need any STUN settings eg do you need to configure a STUN server?

If so make sure you have port 3478 open on your fire wall.

Lets start with STUN and work our way through.

Grappig, een nederlander (frieslander eigenlijk) die een andere nederlander helpt van de andere kant van de wereld :).

Now that will create some confusion with other readers (LOL).

Thanks IT Farmer,

Let's hope it's nat. I've got traces from both local ethereal dump and ethereal dump from the sip provider....

BTW, mijn opa is geboren in Friesland, ik ben een ras echte Groninger.

Niels

hallo,

mag ik in het nederlands reageren?

ook ik ben aan de slag met 3cx op een nieuwe asus met duo2core draaiende onder xp pro sp2.
Extensions gemaakt en 2 xs4all voip nummers. In het serveroverzicht is dit alles netjes groen: registered en idle. Echter de firewall-test fails.
Ik heb al diverse poorten geopend: 5060, 3478 en 9000 t/m 9015 op m'n speedtouch 780.
Als ik inbel, krijg ik de "xs4all mevrouw" denk ik die zegt dat het nummer niet bereikbaar is.
Uitbellen met sjphone geeft netjes een log in 3cx, ik krijg netjes de beltoontjes maar aan de andere kant gaat hij niet over.
Als ik de firewall in de speedtouch disable, lukt het ook niet.

Doe ik iets fout met de stun server of moet ik daar wat anders instellen dan 3cx?
Please help me.

Hi,

here I'm again.
What did I do?
I mapped my outside IP to the server.
I downgraded to 3cx V3. Version 3 has the choice xs4all in the add-voip menu, so this is much easier to install.
I was forgotten to change my xs4all account into voip-out so I couldn't call external anyway. Now I changed it and making externall calls is possible!
Everything works, so now I'm gonna configure the voicemail and digital receptionist.....

regards, Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.