Cant Make Outgoing Calls from Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by calsmiller, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calsmiller

Here's the log....system is accepting calls fine and routing them outside using our SIP line, and that part is working. Just won't make outbound calls via extensions.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The extension is located outside the LAN, does it register correctly or are you attempting a "Direct SIP call" ? There is an option to enable that.

3. calsmiller

Hi, yes - it registers correctly and I can even receive calls correctly on it.
    Thanks for your fast response !

4. antler

Hallo calsmiller,

I had the same problem, extension registers and incoming calls to the extension were good but outgoing calls failed.

I see you are running X-Lite v4 [no tunnel] and I think you need to ensure that your 'domain' in the xlite is the same as that you have configured in the 'Settings', 'Advanced' and 'Settings for Direct SIP Calls' and 'Local SIP Domain'.

I do not profess to fully understand this area but have found that the above works so any other comments are appreciated!

Good luck,

Antler

5. calsmiller

Antler, thanks ! Close enough. This was a restored instance on a new server and this setting had retained our old ip address. Up and working now. Man I would have never found that thanks for the info.

6. antler

Hallo calsmiller,

Glad to have been of help but just to be sure, you are connecting remotely, i.e. outside of your LAN, yes?

Antler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.