Can't make outgoing calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mickymacmi, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickymacmi

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here is able to help. A day or so ago I installed 3cx on my Server 2008 R2 server and added all my VoIP providers to it and incoming calls are working perfectly, however the issue I've got is that I can't make any outgoing calls from any of the registered phones from the 3CX system. The SIP phones work perfectly if I directly point them to the VoIP providers server, however when registered to the 3cx system they just come up with an engaged tone when trying to make an outgoing call.

I'm just wondering if anyone is able to shed some light on this as it is very frustrating to have the incoming working fine but having the outgoing fail :(

2. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

Have you had a look in the log to see what's happening when you try to make a call?

Cheers
    Chris

3. mickymacmi

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check that when I get home.

4. mickymacmi

Well I attempted to make a couple of outgoing calls, however still recieved the same issues.... The first time I noticed that it was stripping the first 2 digits off the number so I went into outbound rules and turned the number stripping off, however I'm sadly still stuck.

I've attached a copy of the 3cx log to this email to maybe help others point me in the right direction.

Attached Files:

5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

could you try connecting the SIP Trunk directly to a softphone and see if you can make outgoing calls?

502 Error could be a issue with the VoIP Provider.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mickymacmi

Hi David,

Thanks for your help. I've setup one of the SIP lines onto the same phone directly and that works fine, and I've also tried on a softphone with the same result.

From the Siemens Gigaset A580IP that I'm using I'm able to call other extensions on the 3CX system, but it just seems to be outgoing external calls that are the issue, and again incoming calls are working fine.

According to the server logs it mentions that all the SIP providers are registered successfully within the 3CX server and after going into the settings of each one I've also made sure it's set to authenticate when recieving incoming & outgoing calls as per my VoIP providers recommendations.

The only thing I can think of there's something not quite right about the outbound rules settings

7. davidbenwell

could you take a screenshot of your outbound rules?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mickymacmi

Hi Dave,

I've removed them all at this stage as they weren't working for me. I've since created one for one of the extensions, maybe you can point out the errors I'm making.

Attached Files:

9. davidbenwell

I assume EXT 402 is not able to make outgoing calls, I can’t see anything you done wrong on outgoing rules.

I think the quickest way to get this resolved is via a remote session into your 3CX PBX and investigate

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may want to speak to your provider to see if they can be of any help as it is their equipment sending back the error code.

When I did a DNS lookup of the IP for mynetfone.com.au, I got a different IP. You might want to look it up and put in they providers IP rather than the URL and see if it makes a difference. http://baremetal.com/cgi-bin/dnsip

11. mickymacmi

I spoke to mynetfone and as they said the SIP settings worked fine when directly setup on the phone they couldn't really help me. Plus of course with incoming calls working fine the confirmed the above :(

Looks like I'm stuck in a pickle here, that's for sure. - The SIP server I'm using is: sip00.mynetfone.com.au as per what MyNetFone have told me, however I've also tried using the IP directly: 125.213.160.81 and still had the same issue. Maybe this is just an issue between 3cx and mynetfone not getting along if my outbound rules are correct.

12. mickymacmi

Just had a small bit of success. I used the same outbound configuration but changed the outgoing provider (I have a couple of older numbers with Pennytel) and I was able to make an outgoing call successfully, so it looks like MyNetFone is definitely the cause then :(

13. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only thing that I can think that it might be is the "User Agent" that you are presenting to them. Maybe they don't like it. It can be set to a custom field for that trunk. I don't know why they would blacklist 3CX, but you might want to read through this. http://www.3cx.com/forums/sipphone-gizmo-project-work-around-9670.html#p49858

14. mickymacmi

Thanks for the info... I'll try reading that and see how I go :) - Thanks again.

15. mickymacmi

Yay - Found the issue. After doing some massive forum trawling it seems the issue was related to indeed my VoIP provider and the fact it needed my username in the "External Number" box in the account details for the VoIP provider box and not infact the "External Number" that is displayed via the caller ID when I call people.

Thanks all for the input but i'm glad I'm finally able to use 3cx :)

16. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

Which provider? I'm having a similar issue using OrbTalk and they are saying it could be a problem with version 10 as version 9 works OK with them. I'm just getting "forbidden" when trying to use their gateway.

Perhaps if you're using them too it's got to do with the same issue you had?

Cheers
    Chris

17. mickymacmi

I'm using MyNetFone down here in Australia, but if I was you, try changing it anyway and see how you go :D

Now I've just got to find a way to improve the voice quality with 3cx :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.