Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't open backed up logs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bonezAU, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonezAU

Using the 3CX log viewer, I can browse on my server to C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs and open the current logs. There's 3 .blrec and 1 .bldef file in this folder.

I can review those logs without any trouble, but they only show today's calls.

In the 3CX web administration I have set it up to keep backups of logs for 7 days, and set it to "Normal" log detail.

When I try to open yesterday's log located at C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\Backup\20180205, I get an error saying "Log file cannot be opened. 3CX Binary log viewer requires one bldef and at least one blrec file.

The backup folders only contain .BLREC files.

How can I view these backup logs?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bonezAU

You will need to use the .bldef located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs along with the blrec you want to open. I would suggest copying the ones you want into the bin log viewer folder and open them from there.

3. MarkNance

I am having the same issue, but only since upgrading/updating to 15.5 SP3. I can read logs generated AFTER the upgrade with the BLDEF file found in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs, but cannot open older BLREC files stored from before the SP3 upgrade.
    Issue is I no longer have a BLDEF file from the previous version to use with the older historic logs.
    ???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.