Can't pick up 2nd call for 30 seconds

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KevinH, Oct 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinH

Hoping someone can toss me a clue on this one, I'm approaching wit's end.

Running v15 Free for now (getting trunks soon so I will be buying)

Two POTS lines, Patton 4112, Yealink T23G

The extension in question is the operator. Allow multiple and BUSYOPT are both set. Outside calls come in fine, but when the SECOND outside call comes in, she gets call waiting beep fine but no line light to pick the call up ... until a magical timeout that I can't find elapses - if I let second call ring for 30 seconds, I hear a stutter tone on the extension, then get call waiting tone and line indication (in other words, what I wanted 30 seconds ago!)

If she's on a call and an INTERNAL call hits as the second call, the line lights up immediately and all works as it should.

The Patton is set up with the second port as a DID and 3cx recognizes it and routes the call fine.

Thoughts??

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX Server log and compare a working (internal) and non-working , external call. It may have something to do with how you have configured forwarding rules. That is where you can handle both types of calls differently.

3. KevinH

At this point, it seems this is/was a Telco issue. Will post a follow-up tomorrow or the next day, after they load their changes. Plugged up regular phones to both lines, and the second line didn't ring until the two call waiting tones and another 10 seconds - can't expect the gateway to answer a call it doesn't have yet!

I probably would have picked up on it earlier if this wasn't my first venture into the SIP world - been blaming myself for not setting it up properly - deleted my old Patton configurations so no way to tell if I nailed it on one of the first 9 tries.

Moral of the story, be sure the Telco stuff is working as expected, or chase your tail.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problem with having POTS type features on a line terminated on a Gateway is the you can't (not that I've ever seen) pass a hook-flask, out on the line (from a 3CX extension), to activate (use) a feature such as this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.