• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Can't pick up second call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Richardson

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having the following issue: there are 4 phones in a call group. When the first customer calls, all 4 phones ring and someone answers on the first phone. But when the second customer calls, the other 3 phones ring, but not the 4th phone because that person is still on the phone. But when that person hangs up, their phone does not ring, even though the other 3 phones are still ringing. How do I fix this? That person should be able to hang up and then pick up the incoming call.

Hello @Peter Richardson,

Are the extensions in a queue? If so, what polling strategy do you use?

No, the extensions are not in a queue, I haven't set up a queue and I wasn't sure if it was needed or not. Is this required for what we're trying to achieve?

@Peter Richardson,

Basically yes. If I understood correctly when the extension previously talking hangs up, it is not polled if a call is already waiting. With a queue, even if your polling strategy is "Ring All" the call will go to the next available extension.

So I need to have a queue in order to be able to pick up the second call from the same phone?

Do you use BLFs? The phone that isn't ringing can press a blinking BLF of another extension to grab the call.

What about a second line appearance (also in the same RG) on each set?

Thanks for the tips everyone! I managed to get it working perfectly using call queues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.