Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Can't provision with v15, but v14 works?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giwm, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giwm

giwm New Member

I'm testing v15 before rolling it out and I cannot get phones to provision. They provision just fine with v14. I use DHCP Option 66. I've also tried putting the server provisioning link directly into the phone through the phone's web interface.

The phone shows up in 3CX and I assign it to an extension. But it refuses to provision.

The event log shows nothing.

I'm running on Windows Server 2012 R2 and I have 3CX fully updated. Test phone is Yealink T46G.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @giwm

As a first step i would recommend removing the option 66 and trying that way to see if that works.

3. giwm

giwm New Member

That made no difference. I also ran Wireshark before and after removing Option 66 and the traffic is exactly the same. The odd thing is that there was no attempt by the phone to even contact my 3CX box on port 80 or 443, which would indicate the provisioning link. Instead all traffic is destination port 5059 or 5060.

Firmware on the T46G is 28.80.0.130.

4. giwm

giwm New Member

So... I downgraded to 28.80.0.110 and it'll provision with v14 using Option 66. Though, to be fair, after provisioning it then somehow decides that it no longer needs an IP address and ditches that. But it IS provisioned on v14. :)

Now I'm completely confused as to what's happening with this thing. Leaning toward a phone issue now.

5. giwm

giwm New Member

Forgive me... DNS was being blocked by an ACL.

HOWEVER, now I got it to provision (my custom logo and everything comes up), it reboots, and it's stuck on "obtaining IP Address". It had an IP address to provision, so... ?

I can see the DHCP request in Wireshark with a response back.

6. giwm

giwm New Member

Okay, I should just go home.

My provisioning set up VLANs on the phone for voice and PC ports. Apparently the phone does not like it if the access vlan is not what it expects, even if the voice vlan is correct (on the switch side). Put it on a proper port and it works just fine.

Glad I had a whole conversation here about my fumblings for the world to see.

KJM_Complea likes this.
  7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Someone will find this useful i am sure :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.