Can't push company phone book from 3CX server.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Divyesh, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divyesh

Hi, I'm running 3CX inhouse (v12.0.4) alongside SNOM 821 phones (latest F/W). The problem I have is, I can't manage the SNOM phone book via 3CX management console. I have to go to each phone with a .csv file and update it manually. Is there a way of using the company phone book to push out contacts to all phones upon provisioning? I don't want to use AD/LDAP for now.

Thank you!

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Divyesh

Do the phones provision correctly? The PBX phonebook should push to the phone while you provision the phones. The phonebook provisioning is done through Http.

3. Divyesh

Hi Yiannish, I'm new to 3CX. By provisioning, if I were to reset the phone, it gets the PBX ip add, and I can log in without doing anything else other than setting the timezone and language. I've tried to edit the phone provisioning template but to no avail.

4. saqqara16

5. Divyesh

Thanks for your reply Saqqara, I've followed that guide but I still can't get the company phone book on Snom phones.

6. Divyesh

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

This might be a firmware issue as the latest firmware was never tested with version 12. I am not sure what firmware was supported for v12 but if i were you i would try downgrading the phone to a previous version to see if that works for you.

8. Divyesh

Hi,
    I've just tried that and it still doesn't work. In 3CX -> Phones - management console I get the correct MAC address and the date/time is updated.
    I've tried another model - Snom 870 still to no avail. All phones have been factory reset, I can see that the date and time is updated when I provision them but that's all, I need a company-wide phone book working on these handsets. Any help?

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Since you are on an older version of 3CX which is no longer supported i would recommend upgrading to the latest V15 version to see if your issue is fixed there. Since your phones are supported you shouldn't have any issues getting the phonebook to work

Divyesh likes this.
  10. Divyesh

Thank you for that, I've got 1 more question about upgrading. If I don't want to save my data, can I uninstall v12 and do a fresh install of v15? Or do I still have to go to v12.5 then to v15?

Thanks in advance.

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You need to go to 12,5 and then to V15. You can only skip one major version when upgrading. Make sure that there are no service packs pending for v12 before upgrading

Divyesh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.