Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't reactivate V7 license after having to restore

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JasonB, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonB

Hi all,

We have had 3cx v7 running away merrily since 2008 and then the casini webserver went belly up a few weeks back and to get access back to the system I had to remove and reinstall with IIS but it wont reactivate my license.

I didn't notice it at the time as we don't normally use many features but when I went to look for the code to pickup a call if your extension wasn't ringing I realised that it was no longer enabled. When I then checked the license I found the license hadn't restored with the backup so I tryed to activate it to no avail.

When I did a bit of research on it i found that it was a problem that occured after 3CX enabled some additional securities on the license verification but it was only for V8 onwards that was there a fix.

has anyone a fix for V7? (specifically V7.1.7139.0)

the error is "license.unexperrlicense key activation failed licence: 61 system: 0"

these links give some info

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phonesystem-updated-license-activation-module/

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-license-activation/

thanks

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I suggest that you upgrade to a later version. If you have a backup this should be quite easy to do. Uninstall v7, Install version 8 and restore, check that all is working, backup again. Then uninstall v8, restore then install V9 and restore - until you get to V11. You will then have an upto date system. You may need to make a few tweaks and changes. Also, firmware of phones and gateways might need updating.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.