Can't reactivate V7 license after having to restore

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JasonB, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonB

Hi all,

We have had 3cx v7 running away merrily since 2008 and then the casini webserver went belly up a few weeks back and to get access back to the system I had to remove and reinstall with IIS but it wont reactivate my license.

I didn't notice it at the time as we don't normally use many features but when I went to look for the code to pickup a call if your extension wasn't ringing I realised that it was no longer enabled. When I then checked the license I found the license hadn't restored with the backup so I tryed to activate it to no avail.

When I did a bit of research on it i found that it was a problem that occured after 3CX enabled some additional securities on the license verification but it was only for V8 onwards that was there a fix.

has anyone a fix for V7? (specifically V7.1.7139.0)

the error is "license.unexperrlicense key activation failed licence: 61 system: 0"

these links give some info

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phonesystem-updated-license-activation-module/

http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-license-activation/

thanks

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I suggest that you upgrade to a later version. If you have a backup this should be quite easy to do. Uninstall v7, Install version 8 and restore, check that all is working, backup again. Then uninstall v8, restore then install V9 and restore - until you get to V11. You will then have an upto date system. You may need to make a few tweaks and changes. Also, firmware of phones and gateways might need updating.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.