Can't receive multiple calls when ring group is dialed

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RLester, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLester

3CX v11 with GXP2120 (ext 100) & GXP2110 (ext 200) & GXP1200 (ext 201)

100 & 200 are in a ring group

I have the option to receive multiple calls checked in each ext. When I set up a call between ext 100 & 200 (both off hook as though talking to each other) and dial 100 or 200 from 201 the 2nd line key flashes as it should. The trouble is when I dial the ring group 800 there are in I get a busy tone.

I have checked the Line 1 & 2 key settings in each phone they are set to use the same account. The line keys do work if I dial the ext 100 or 200 from 201.

Can anyone please tell what I am missing?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A ring group is a ring group.....so to speak.

The multi-call aspect is owned by the extension, but the call is owned by the ring group. To clarify, I'f a call comes in via a ring group, the intent is to find an available extension within the group and pass the call to same. if the extension is already busy, the rg should find the next available extension and pass the call accordingly. This is why in the ring group setting you specify the extensions and the strategy. If the first extension, in a hunt group, is busy, you have a second and then a third and so on. The rg cannot predict if the first extension will elect to take the call just because multi-call is set. The extension was/is busy.

Presumably, the first extension also had an option about what to do if no answer within x seconds and that was likely VM.

So, in essence, you are looking for a mix of rules - use the multi-call feature for a particular extension even if the call is a rg call, but don't use the rest of the extension rules if not answered.

If the rg calls runs through the gamut, there is a final rule to be invoked which could be back to the extension or Vmail at which point the call becomes owned outside of the rg.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Follow this steps and then try again:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/ring-groups-paging-intercom/ - updated link

#3 mixig, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  4. RLester

That did the trick!!

Thanks so much!!

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

;)

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Good catch. Guess I can still learn a trick or two.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.