Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cant register 2 Sipgate lines at one time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcelch70, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcelch70

Hi all,

let my first say thanks to 3CX for this cool software!!!! I try it just for some days and have much things up and running. Im impressed how easy this has been.

BUT :arrow: here comes why I say "much things up & running" instead of "all" :shock:

First let me give you short details of my setup:

- 3CX V5 running on a windows box (sure, If not I wouldnt be here... ) :mrgreen:
    - 2 clients up & running (1 Siemens C450 IP and one 3CX soft client)
    - 1 VOIP line (sipgate.de) configured and working
    - second VOIP line (sipgate.de, different account) configured, but not working

Because I had some strange effects with the NAT, I decided to forward ANY UDP traffic from Sipgate IPs (217.10.xxx.xxx) to my 3CX Server.

I tried much to configure my router to pass the firewall test without errors, but it still reports problems. However, the first SIP line is working.

Here comes what the 3CX firewall test thinks about my effords:

###start log###
    1 5004 Error (6) An incompatible NAT configuration has been detected. Please check FAQ for further information.
    addrFromAgent ="my-external-IP":2909
    addrFromSTUN ="my-external-IP":5004

2 5004 Information (9) Port is open and can be used for calls.
    externalAddress ="my-external-IP":5004

3 5005 Error (6) An incompatible NAT configuration has been detected. Please check FAQ for further information.
    addrFromAgent ="my-external-IP":2910
    addrFromSTUN ="my-external-IP":5005

4 5005 Information (9) Port is open and can be used for calls.
    externalAddress ="my-external-IP":5005

5 5006 Error (6) An incompatible NAT configuration has been detected. Please check FAQ for further information.
    addrFromAgent ="my-external-IP":2911
    addrFromSTUN ="my-external-IP":5006

6 5006 Information (9) Port is open and can be used for calls.
    externalAddress ="my-external-IP":5006

7 5007 Error (6) An incompatible NAT configuration has been detected. Please check FAQ for further information.
    addrFromAgent ="my-external-IP":2912
    addrFromSTUN ="my-external-IP":5007

8 5007 Information (9) Port is open and can be used for calls.
    externalAddress ="my-external-IP":5007

###end log###

I don´t think that the NAT is the problem, even I don´t know, why there are used the ports 29xx by the addrFromAgent.

However, first VOIP line works with this firewall failure. I can make and receive calls internal and extrnal.

But the second line dosn´t register.

Settings of the VoIP gateway seems to be correct in both lines, because when I remove one of the lines from the config, the other (and then unique) line works immediately. I mean, I tried both of them, without a second lineconfigured, then both lines are working.

As the VoIP line setup in the 3CX software consists of the two parts "line" and "gateway", I searched for a way, to add a second line to the already configured gateway (since the provider of both accounts is the same), but I did not found a way. So I configured a second VoIP line comlete (tried both: same port 5060 or different ports 5060 and 5062)

By the way: the pre-configured choice "Sipgate DE / UK" doesn´t work fpr me, as the pre-configured server is Sipgate UK, and I need sipgate.de.

With the two configured lines the status says:

13:26:32.937 LineMgr::eek:nRegUpdAor Unregistered line: L:200(sipgate3)
    13:26:32.921 ClientRegs::eek:nRequestRetry Registration of L:200(sipgate3) has failed, attempt to repeat is scheduled in 3600 sec.
    13:24:40.656 LineMgr::eek:nRegUpdAor Unregistered line: L:200(sipgate3)
    13:24:40.656 ClientRegs::eek:nRequestRetry Registration attempt for L:200(sipgate3) is scheduled in 80 sec.
    13:23:08.296 LineMgr::eek:nRegUpdAor Unregistered line: L:200(sipgate3)
    13:23:08.281 ClientRegs::eek:nRequestRetry Registration attempt for L:200(sipgate3) is scheduled in 60 sec.

Please, Can someone help me withe this problem?

THX in advance!

2. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

You dont need to set up two lines. Just create only one line (with one account) and set parameter Maximum simultaneous calls to 2 or more. Thus you can use only one line for many simultaneous calls.

3. mcelch70

Thanks, but this is not what I need, because the 2 lines have different phone numbers (my private line and my office line) and I want to use them both (different costs, different time rulses...).

4. igor.snezhko

First of all - remove ALL NAT errors.

If you have access to firewall do the following

1. Upgrade software or firmware on firewall.
    2. Open all outgoing ports.
    3. Recheck overall firewall configuration
    4. Test the 3cx system.

If all works fine - there is problem of you firewall.

5. silentfun

silentfun Member

i also use 2 accounts from sipgate de so it can run

i have configed them in 4 line

1. line 1 account
    2. line 2 account 1.virtual account e0
    3. line 2 account 2.virtual account e1
    4. line 2 account 3.virtual account e2

all have their own provider all same ports

success log have to show like this:

22:28:00.023 LineMgr::eek:nRegUpdAor Registered line: L:10004(021158009**** SIPGATEde)
    22:28:00.007 ClientRegs::eek:nSuccess [CM504004]: Registration succeeded for: 10004@021158009**** SIPGATEde
    22:27:59.710 ClientRegs::Register [CM504003]: Sent registration request for 10004@021158009**** SIPGATEde

---------
    your log shows: " Registration attempt for L:200(sipgate3) is scheduled in 60 sec. "

i don´t understand why it use L:200 is that real ? shows not like default (because they have 5 numbers)

what are your numbers for extensions ?

have you opended the ports 3cx pbx need in firewall and router (portforwarding) ?

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mcelch70

Thanks, silentfun!

Its good to know, that registering 2 sipgate lines theoreticaly works. I will continue searching for the reason why it doesn´t work at my site.

Youre right, the L:200 isnt the default value, I changend the line numbers from 10000 ... to 3-digit values, as my extensions are 2-digit. Don´t think that there is the problem, because first configured line works with this settings, and as soon as I delete the first line, the second registers as well.

On my firewall I created a rule, that forwards ANY UDP traffic originated from sipgate-IPs to the internal IP of my 3CX-box.

The router is a Netgear FVS318v3 VPN Firewall.

But I investigated a strange mapping problem in the 3CX log: The STUN resolving from the first STUN server returns the correct address ( [my.external.I.P:5060] ), but the second STUN resolving by the 3CX STUN (I configured both in the general settings) returns, that he has found a different adress and says, the first resolve by sipgate has been returned [my.external.I.P:29xx].

So I think my NAT doas strange things to the UDP mappings.

Unfortunately, I have no choice to use other routers, becuase they are VPN connected to other sites.

7. silentfun

silentfun Member

yes - and i don´t think you have to change the router.

what about leaving one stun empty or but the same into both - i know no backup then but a try if that solves the problem we try to find 2 stun server that working for you :lol:

Andy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. igor.snezhko

I just tested this configuration and its work. I used Voipcheap.com.
    I have same errors about NAT but its work prefectly.
    Actually this is NOT a NAT problem this is NAT and Sipgate configuration problem

Check this FAQ http://www.sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.php?do=displayArticle&article=334&id=249

Restart 3CX services after configuration.

9. mcelch70

I´ve got it! After re-checking firewall configuration and account-configuration, I more and more couldn´t believe, that my problem is there. So I focused on the windows box itself, where the 3CX is running.

I found that there is a virtual network adapter for a not-connected bluetooth dongle and an vpn softclient. Im not sure wich of them caused problems with the local loopback mapping, but one did. So I took them both out.

From this moment everything works perfect, and the webinterface of 3CX reacts much faster then before.

:mrgreen:

I thank you for your help. This issue could not be solved from outside with the information provided by my, so sorry for your time! :oops:

10. mcelch70

Once you´ve foud the solution, often you find some other threads in a forum, because now you know where you´re after.

Seems that many users have problems with the software, when it runs on machines with more as one NIC and they dont care about the proper routing.

11. jolls

hi,

i cannot get 3cx to work with my voipcheap account. can you please help? can you tell me the configuration requires?

thanks

12. landfiets

landfiets New Member

your post should be in a new topic. That's better.
    sip.voipcheap.com you fill that out in the registry.
    And you have to fillout the ID and Passwrd you got from them.
    normally that should be it.

For problems, please give more info, and open a topic with this subject.

13. acrumpton

I resolved an identical error(6) issue by disabling Windows Defender

hope this helps

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.