Can't register phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andrewseni, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewseni

I have been happily using 3CX 6.0. I just installed 9.0 on a new system and copied all the settings over from 6.0.

Everything looks fine, but I can't get the phones (Grandstream Budge Tone 200) to register. When I go back to 6.0, everything works fine. It did kill 6.0 while testing 9.0.

I am not using 10.0 because I can't get it to run (installs OK) on an XP box.

Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It could be a number of things...

I can't recall, off-hand, if going from version 6 to 9 was a one step (backup and restore) process or not. There was a jump in versions, a while ago, that required (was strongly recommended, so as not to cause problems) that you install a version or two in between, when upgrading.

That said...what does the 3CX log show when trying to register the sets? Are you network settings on the PC exactly the same?

This is a bit troubling, and may be related, in some way, to the problems you are having with version 9.

Have you done all of the latest windows updates?

Do you get any error messages?

3. andrewseni

This is a clean install on a separate machine so I wouldn't have thought that the jump from 6 to 9 should pose a problem. Everything else registers fine, but not the phones. Having trouble getting time to test because we only have one service provider & the live system is connected during business hours.

I updated everything in order to install 10.0, which installs fine but won't start (can't remember the error message, but it is related to a Windows service). I then uninstalled 10.0 and installed 9.0, which loaded happily first try and looks perfect - except for the phones.

I will keep trying.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be that how the extension information (new features?) was "stored" and backed up, may have changed between versions, not sure. There was some concern about going from 7 to 9, but I think that jump worked out OK for most.

Have you tried deleting one of your extensions, in 3CX, and then adding it again (or even creating a brand new extension and set) ?

I'm assuming that the IP/subnet of the PC running 3CX remains the same as it was previously.

Do you not see any registration attempts in the 3CX logs? If not, then double check one of the sets to see what IP (server) it is attempting to register to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.