• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't register with any sip provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilovar40

Reaction score
I am a long time user of sipdroid and managed to get both my sip accounts, with Gizmo5 and callcentric working with linphone as well. No such luck with 3CXPhone for Android. I follow the instructions that are available online, but when I return from the profile save screen to the dailer screen I get a brief message saying "Registering" and then moments later "Not Registered". During all this the 3G data active icon never indicated any activity on the 3G connection. 3G is enabled in 3CX.

Callcentric Settings are:

User: 1777XXXXXXX (my username)
Password: XXXXXXXXX
Internal Server:
External Server: callcentric.com
STUN Server: stun.3CX.com
Advanced:
Proxy: callcentric.com
Port: 5060
Registration Timeout: 1800
Keep-Alive Interval: 60
DMTF Method: RFC-2833
Enable NAT: No
Enable ICE: No
Integration:
Lock Wifi: Never
Proximity Sensor: No
Enable 3G: Yes
Redirect Normal Calls: No
Log Call Records: No
Record Calls: No
Audio Settings:
Echo Cancellation: No
Silence Detection: No
Play Buffer: -1
Record Buffer: -1
Mic Gain: 1
Audio Codecs:
G.711 (uLaw): Yes
G.711 (aLaw): Yes
GSM: Yes
Speex: No

Phone Specs:
HTC Magic w/ 1.5

Anyone here have any ideas why it says that it is registering, but it is obviously not accessing the internet. Also, tried at home on wifi and still no success. Callcentric is a recommended service provider to 3CX and it does not work, but then it does not work with any other service provider either. Am I missing something in the setup?

I use this on my Droid Moto with Callcentric and it works 100%, it has to be a setting...

So how are my settings above different from the settings you have for Callcentric?

I am having the same issue with my Sprint EVO using my callcentric account. mylove4life could you share your config to help. Thanks

I am having the exact same issue on my SE X10 but it works on my SE X10 Mini.... very strange.

I am connecting to my home PBX and I never see any signalling from the X10. Its like 3CXPhone is not actually sending anything to the pbx.

Anyone have any ideas why?

I have an xperia x10 as well and can't register.
Here's a bit of log that I really cant understand

07/01/2010 11:12:07 [DEBUG] 3CXPhone(31547) loading profile for /sdcard/3CXPhone/voip1.prof
07/01/2010 11:12:11 [DEBUG] 3CXPhone.Phone(31547) onActivityResult: 1/0/null
07/01/2010 11:12:11 [INFORMATION] 3CXPhone.Settings(31547) defaults tweaks (x10i): -1/-1/1
07/01/2010 11:12:11 [DEBUG] 3CXPhone.Settings(31547) log: /dev/null/0
07/01/2010 11:12:11 [DEBUG] 3CXPhone.Phone(31547) using external server voiptalk.org
07/01/2010 11:12:12 [INFORMATION] 3CXPhone.Binding(31547) destroying client...

best regards,
Paul

I managed to make it work

This was the info callcentric gave me.

"We successfully registered the 3CX softphone on a Nexus One connected to wif so it should work without a problem. Please use the following settings in your configuration:

User: 1777xxxxxxx
password: [password you chose upon sign up]
Internal Server: callcentric.com
STUN Server: [leave blank]

You should be able to leave the rest of the settings as they are by default. Once you've entered those settings click Save at the bottom then hit the universal back button to go to the dialer server at which point your softphone should register.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time, Thank you."

Hope this help

Although it works, and these reported cases cannot be reproduced inhours, we are not excluding that there might be some problems with different phones - ie hardware related.

We have made many improvements already and working to make another release of the 3CXPhone for Android.

specific tests made on Call centric since it was mentioned many times in this post - It worked for us without problems.

Just thought I'd add my experience...

I was having trouble registering with Callcentric. I unistalled 3CX on my Droid and reinstalled. Then I entered only the info as posted by Rene B in the thread quoted below.. I was able to register right away. I then made a test call to an answering machine and was able to hear the recording clearly. I will have to wait until someone is awake to make another test call but I am hopeful.

I hope this helps.
Rob

Rene B said:
I managed to make it work

This was the info callcentric gave me.

"We successfully registered the 3CX softphone on a Nexus One connected to wif so it should work without a problem. Please use the following settings in your configuration:

User: 1777xxxxxxx
password: [password you chose upon sign up]
Internal Server: callcentric.com
STUN Server: [leave blank]

You should be able to leave the rest of the settings as they are by default. Once you've entered those settings click Save at the bottom then hit the universal back button to go to the dialer server at which point your softphone should register.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us at any time, Thank you."

Hope this help

When is the update for the Android expected? I just bought Sprint's EVO and have been using SIPGATE and Google Voice with 3CX. Got it to work, but the call quality is not that great. Huge delay.

coming soon.
Check with another phone - see whether the delay is the same.

Update...

I used the setting provided by Rene B. and initially it still did not register on 3G. Tried at home on wifi and suddenly it worked and since then it worked on 3G as well. Oh, and I did not have to re-install as suggested by airegin - I just deleted all my existing profiles and created new.

Even managed to register with Gizmo5 as well using the same type of settings. In all cases test calls to echo services work. Still have to see what the latency is like in real life.

I'm using an Xperia X10. I also initially had troubles trying to register to pbxes.org, pennytel and then my own Brekeke server. Packet capture on my Brekeke server showed no register requests being received from the 3CX client. I eventually fixed the problem by also entering the SIP server details into the Internal Server field. :shock:
The online 3CX config instruction for Android specifies that the Internal Server field is used "If you will be using this connection with a VoIP PBX on the local LAN". So I stubbornly refused to also enter the SIP server details into the Internal Server field. :evil: :evil:

I've never before noticed an Internal Server type setting on any other SIP ATA or softphone. Is it really required?

Registration is now successful to pbxes.org and pennytel.

Issue now is bad echo... :cry:

Yes I agree with your comments about the internal server.
I will explain why we added internal server and external server ip fields. You cannot appreciate this option because the functionality is not in the market at the moment.

The next version of the android (approx in the coming 1-1.5 week) will include provisioning. We will do this using multicast. Phone will send multicast, 3CX pbx will answer and send notify with packaged xml prov download link inside. Android gets this notify, parses link and downloads xml file. New connection profile is created.

In this connection we will have username, password, local ip of pbx (internal server) and public ip of pbx (external server). We want to make provisioning, provision all settings. So which one will the android use and where?

Android will first default to the internal server ip. If it can reach it, it will register to it and use that.
If it cannot reach it, we assume that you are remote and it will try with the external server ip value + Stun support. (Unfor there are many reasons why local ip might not be reached - ex firewall blocking echo etc. So care needs to be taken before deployment or testing to confirm that everything works ok.)

So this is the reason for this option.

Bad echo - through what? Which calls produce echo? Thanks

Thanks Nicky for detailed reply...

Regarding the echo issue, in order to keep this thread about registeration issues only, I had posted some echo details under the thread "Registration problems + evil echos!". Let me know there if I can help with some more specific details.

And regarding the internal server config. Might be nice to include this info in the android config guide around the internal/external config section. From what I have observed with the current 3Cx android version, there is no attempt at using the external server config if the internal server is unreachable or is not configured. I assume this would be addressed in the next release?

I can register to my main SIP-provider as well as PBXES.ORG, but not with Callcentric. I have been trying lots of configs., but no success so far (I thought). I set the settings as shown earlier in the thread, no registration. As I was writing this message, it all of a sudden registered. Now it registers every time I have tried when switching between 2 different accounts. Couls have been an issue with Callcentric that has been solved since I was posting a support question a couple of days ago?

I am usimg HTC Desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.