Cant remove an incorrect installation

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dejongro, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dejongro

During the initial installation of 3CX for windows under Windows 8.1 my computer rebooted for a Windows update.

When I try to reinstall now I'm asked to remove the previous installation but dont succeed as I get an error message "The specified account allready exists" and the uninstall is rolled back.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If everything else fails you can go through Windows Explorer, search for and delete any 3CX directories that were created during the install. You could also try "rolling back" the PC to a time before the install. As I recall there was a removal tool for 3CX but it may not have been installed if it was interrupted. A last resort would be to run Regedit, search for any instance of 3CX in the registry. and delete it.

If you have never used Regedit, or don't feel comfortable using it, then don't. If you delete the wrong thing it can really screw up the computer.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try START | RUN | services.msc and disable all 3CX related services remained, Then reboot the system and uninstall 3CX from Control Panel. Hope this will help, otherwise editing registry might be a nightmare.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.