can't ring outside line simultaneously**FEAT APPROVED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: can't ring outside line simultaneously

How about a 3CX log of these two scenarios? It might give a clue as to what is going on

2. bangsjaman

I have the same problem. I got an answer in this thread: http://www.3cx.com/forums/forwarding-rules-in-v9-15334.html

Apparantly it is not a bug, but a feature... Calls from Queues (and I guess also ring groups) can not be forwarded to to external number when phone is "unregistrered".

3. bangsjaman

Hi Dave
    Maybe I got it wrong, but I think it is the same problem.. "Forwarding to ext numbers from ring group or queues."

As I understand it only fits this restriction if you call the extension directly, not from queue or group..

But you can set your virtual extension to "Away" and then use the forwarding rule under the "Away" tab. Then I think you should get the same result...
    My problem in the other thread was that I would avoid having two extension (1 physcically and 1 virtual) for each person.

So to sum up, I agree with you Dave, we need the feature of ringing extension and ext number at the same time...also from groups, queues etc.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I would like to inform you that very soon we are going to release an update that will ring your mobile (outside) and your extension - something like a follow me feature. Actually we started testing this already.

In 1-2 weeks we will have something - before first week of August. So guys this is definately coming in 3CX V9 soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - It will be to external line too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. matictec

matictec New Member

Nice to hear that this feature will be implemented in V9. I think one of the best arguments for a 3cx is that partners and costumers can provide there feature request to 3cx directly to the 3cx team. and 3cx implement the most requested features.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.