Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Can't search for "ring but no voice"

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DeWild1, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeWild1

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: but ring voice no."
    Come on.. If my search is toooo exact, it will not result in anything.. :roll:

I have 4 XP and 1 vista that have all had the same problem...

Had 3cx 7 client.. Installed Beta... removed 3cx7... (Some left it installed), then I would make a call, get ringing, then when it answers, (digital receptionist or outside call). no sound,, then on one, I would get voice, (mic) but not both.. (IE I can not hear the other caller)..

At first I thought it was all my BT stuff, (That I have working perfectly on my Vista).. But then I just used the sound card and took out the BT USB Plantronics device...
    Before I played with beta, the 3cx 7 was working.

On one vista, I removed the MS BT stack and used a Toshiba one and the BT USB from plantronics and its working.. On the XP machines, nothing seems to work, can not even use the 3cx.. ugg, I am tierd.. But this should work and I am setting it up right...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, DeWild

You already know how to use the Voip Phone, so I suppose I don't tell you something new here, but please check
    1 - do not use STUN on the phone on intranet connections (that means, the PBX address should be set into the "I am in the office - local IP" field).
    2 - be careful if you're using the 3.1.xxx Voip Phone and the connection is tunneled - 3.1.xxx's tunnel works - on audio - only with PBX RC2 and above.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.