Solved Can't setup webmeeting today

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Telcreek, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telcreek

I created a successful webmeeting yesterday however this afternoon when I tried to create a second meeting I got the following:

"The requested URL /join/... was not found on this server."

This occurs when trying to start a meeting from a 3CXPhone Client from a Windows PC. I also get this when I follow the listed extension webmeeting URLs. (https://webmeeting-FQDN.domain.net/join/alphanumericID. What am I missing?

#1 Telcreek, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Telcreek

Please try again now and let us know if that works

3. Telcreek

Hi Yiannis. Yes, works again! Thank you. I am also having a problem with webmeeting emails not being sent. The system email works fine, I use Gmail as the relay. I get system alerts and welcome emails are sent and delivered fine. After the webmeeting setup is now working again, I get a useful error this morning. When trying to invite, I now get the following in a temporary pink banner at the top of the invite list, after a 10 second hang:

"Mail server cannot connect to https://myfqdn.tld:5001/myphone"

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you send me a screenshot of the error to see exactly what it is?

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Port 5001 needs to be open on your system to be able to work properly with WebMeeting and presense for your 3CX Clients.
    Open it and try again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Telcreek

Hi. I have a screenshot to send. Port 5001 is open to the system. This port is restricted based on the IP at the home office. I am trying to start the web meeting from the home office IP.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What do you mean by "This port is restricted based on the IP at the home office"
    Webmeeting is Not something between the home office IP and the pbx only.
    Webmeeting involves webmeeting.3cx.net server and a bunch of robot MCU's dispersed and scattered round the world.
    Implement the restrictions after you get it working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Telcreek

Hi Nicky, this convo is also going on via support. I do want to post the outcome here for others to see but perhaps best to keep this in support until resolved. For the record, port 5001 is open, I have access to the web admin tool from the start. Web meetings also working fine if I send the link to the meeting out of band. The only thing that doesn't work at the moment is the sending of Web Meeting invites. This system is hosted. I am sincerely hoping the answer to this problem is not to open the admin web portal to the world in order for web meeting email invites to work.

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Telcreek,

I've checked into your ticket.
    It really does seem that your 5001 port is unreachable. My attempt to telnet to telcreek.elastix.com 5001 from anywhere has been unsuccessful.

From inside your network you may see that it is open, but this port is closed to the outside world.
    You can also verify this by going here: http://ping.eu/port-chk/ and entering your PBX FQDN and port 5001

Also keep in mind that this port may be different depending on whether you used the default 5001 or used a different value during installation.

10. Telcreek

Hi Leonidas,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I purposefully blocked 5001 from the world as it's the port the admin web interface runs on. I did not realize it was utilized by other services. There seems to be two documents that cover port usage for 3CX. I operated from the first of the two below:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/firewall-router-configuration/

I see in the second document that there is a reference to web meeting and 5001.

I wanted to reiterate that limited access to 5001 only stopped me from sending email invites. I have had 3 successful web meetings with multiple participants with 5001 blocked from all but my office IP address. The initiating client is located at the trusted IP.

So I will consider this case closed but I am still curious, why does web meeting share info on the same port as the admin web interface? I run a few web-based services and explicitly restrict admin level permissions to trusted IPs because there are at best weekly bugs in web tools to mitigate against, especially anything running php. If I host a service, I want to limit the attack surface as best I can. Will 3CX ever split web meeting and admin portal access? I feel like the web meeting access to port 5001 is a leftover part of the deprecated 'myphone' web app so I hold out hope that one day I can continue a strict firewall policy.

11. Telcreek

Provisioning uses 5001 too, which I took for granted, so I would have a tough time with roaming clients as well if 5001 wasn't completely open... Go go Anti-Hacking Module.

12. Atash Tagiyev

hi
    I chek 5001 port . port is open
    firewall chek ...ok
    but Meeting Server can't connect to Meeting Server can't connect to https://myfqdn:5001/myphone/
    my pbx version 15.5 pls help me

Attached Files:

13. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please send me your FQDN via PM to check.

Atash Tagiyev likes this.
  14. gmaoret

Same problem here. We use 443 port fotr HTTPS ad it is opened.
    I also check that 5001 is open but nothing, we continue to have "Meeting Server can't connect" error after 15 --> 15.5 upgrade

i think the problem is that the page https://myfqdn:443/myphone does not exist, but actually HTTPS is working (see below) correctly:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. gmaoret

this is the check that port 443 (we do not use 5001) is opned:
    upload_2017-6-23_10-32-55.png

16. Atash Tagiyev

customer is using untrusted certificate, does it affect to this problem?

17. gmaoret

If this is the issue I can use a trusted certificate.
    I will try and let you know!

18. gmaoret

by the way... How can I import a new certificate in 3CX?

I have a valid wildcard certificate *.mydomain.com in xxxx.PFX format and don't know how to use that in 3CX.

#18 gmaoret, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. gmaoret

OK, with a little help now my 3CX PBX is configured with our new Wildcard certificate and now all is working right!

So I can confirm that with an unsigned certificate 3CX WEBMEETING is not able to send invite, but with a valid signed one all is working.

Bye!

bruno.fukunaga likes this.
  20. Atash Tagiyev

Customer wants to use own FQDN and certificate. Where do you recommend him to buy a certificate to not have the same problems?

bruno.fukunaga likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.