can't start manager queue after upgrade 8 to 9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluetel2, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hi all,

we have upgrade version 8 to 9 this past day. to start it was impossible to start manager queue, (fisrt i have installed v9 with importation of existant pbx from v8. in first time queue manager start but i don't have some call queue license and call group.

i decide to use backup and restore tools to import again my last ipbx. it's work, but impossible to start manager queue. after some search i decide to delete my all call queue and create again. MAGIC my queue manager service start...

in my test serveur it's not probleme but with some of my customer it will be very binding.

tks advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

we are checking on this.

Can you send me your backup or put it somewhere where I can download it?

We will try and restore your backup and see what the problem is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Did you create this backup on one machine, then tried to restore it on another machine with the PBX installed?

4. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

ok i will send you per mp the link to download the backup

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Send the link to lg@3cx.com
    Also please check the client's PBX for the following:

- Settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters > DefaultLocalIP = This should be the IP of the client's machine.
    - Queues > On-Hold Music, check if there is an on-hold music file selected for each queue. If there are no MoH files selected for the queues, add one yourself and try to start the QM service.

6. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

it's the PBX, we have make backup to restore with new version on the same pbx... in the same time my windows update run...

i will explain exactly the process.
    - i make backup of v8 to import in new
    - i uninstall v8 and install v9
    - i import during installation of v9 the pbx saved
    - In the end of install i can see message manager queue service can't start check log etc...
    - i go to services.msc manager service run !!!
    - i test install, everything work... after 20min manager queue stop
    - impossible to restart it...i uninstall framework 4 because it was installed with Win update duraing 3cx install
    -nothing
    - i reboot server . nothing
    - i delete all call queue services start
    - i create new queue it's work, service never stop

7. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hi leonidas,

when it's not work i see defaultlocal Ip and it's correct, but i don't see default on hold music...
    now it's work and i can't said if it's correct last time.
    i upload backup on server i send the link soon.

tks

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

HI - We downloaded it ok. We replicated your scenario. We have a fix already for this. next build will have it.

Thanks

9. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Thks Niky and Leonidas.

it's possible to know where problem is ? a new pbx release will come ?

tks advance

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can give you a patch but since you deleted them and created again, there is no sense to do so.

Next build is coming out next week. The problem was generated from one of the queues in your backup because it had no music on hold file specified.

11. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

These are the most common problems you need to check if the QM is not starting:

1) Settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters > DEFAULTLOCALIP This must be the correct IP of the machine.
    2) In RC1, if somehow a Queue does not have a Music on Hold file, the QM will not start. This will be fixed in V9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.