• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Can't start service 3CX Gateway for Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.

chienle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I installed 3CX Phone System and 3CX Gateway for Skype but i can't start service 3CX Gateway for Skype.

Help me, please?

Hi there,
Found on http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype/ :
"Please note that this product is no longer maintained. We recommend using Skype Connect - the SIP service by Skype. 3CX is Skype Connect Certified.

Check out the Skype Connect tutorial here.

Important: Starting from Version 5.5 of the Skype client, the Extras Manager is no longer obtainable. This effectively means that it is no longer possible to deploy the 3CX Skype Gateway unless you have access to an older version of the Skype client that still has the Extras Manager included."

Dear Mr Pierre

I had the 3CX Gateway for Skype working on my PBX the problem was when a call is placed from another skype account to the one registred with the gateway, the call is delivered to the extention but after pickup it disconnects. It is because it's no longer mantained?

Regards
Paul

chienle said:
i can't start service 3CX Gateway for Skype.
I also think that you might running a wrong version of the Skype client.

pstmg said:
It is because it's no longer mantained?
No, this is not causing the issue. It must be something else.
I have running 3CX Gateway for Skype v2 and Skype client v5.1 on a Windows 8.1 Pro computer.
3CX Phone System v12 SP6 is running on a other computer with Windows 7.
Both computers reside in the same LAN.
I can successfully make and receive Skype calls without issues.

my problem with 3cx gateway for skype was the Remote Desktop. Even if i tell the RDP audio should stay in the remote computer, calls get disconnected when someone tries to call the skype user. So i did all the configs again directly in the server and now it works ok: We can now receive/make calls trough skype.

Thank you all
Paulo

P.S. The 3CX server is outside lan in a remote location, so access to it is made by RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.