Can't transfer with 3CX assistant & MyPhone (Resolved)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donhounsell, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donhounsell

I have upgraded to v9 from v8. We now find we cannot transfer calls with 3CX Assistant. We have 2 problms. I thought I would put them in separate posts, but then I thought they may be related, so I have put them together.

1) When we transfer a call with 3CX Assistant, the target extension rings, but the line is silent. We can transfer successfully using the buttons on the handset. After upgrade, I realised that I did not have upgrade insurance, and so I have since purchased and installed a new licence key ("mini" edition) with upgrade insurance. I thought this would fix the problem, but it did not. I have tried reinstalling v9, and 3CX Assistant v9, but no difference.

2) MyPhone portal does not work. We are using Abyss web server. The 3CX Management Console DOES work, but MyPhone does not. We get error on page:
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:47:05 UTC
    Line: 4
    Char: 283
    Code: 0
    URI: http://192.168.129.20:5481/myphone/Route/1.92.13545/ie/en-US/TcxTheme/Resources.Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Form.js.wgx

Any ideas?

2. donhounsell

Re: Can't transfer with 3CX assistant & MyPhone not working.

I have found the problem with MyPhone was simply a matter of deleting temporary internet files (I should have read the FAQs before posting this first post. BUT the problem with transferring calls using 3CX Assistant remains, and is very frustrating. Audio is also lost if a I park a call with 3CX Assistant. I really need an answer to this.

3. star1

We're experiencing the same problem (#1) above. Transfers from handset phones work phone. Drag and drop transfers from Assistant ring/connect but neither party hears the other.

-Eric

4. agilis

We are haveing the same problem was there any resolution to this?

5. donhounsell

Still no solution to this problem. It means we cannot use 3CX Assistant as intended. My reseller has contacted 3CX Support, and sent copies of logs, but no response from them now for 2 weeks. I would love to solve this, it is very frustrating.
    - Don -

6. star1

The environment we experienced this problem in was using a Patton SN4960 running fw 5.5. Per support we rolled back to 5.4 and the problem went away. We were able to narrow down the problem to only external calls coming through the Patton.

For others experiencing this, can you replicate the problem on an internal call between extensions?

-Eric

7. donhounsell

Thanks Eric. Your post has been a great help.
    I can confirm that internal calls transfer correctly with 3CX Assistant.
    I can also confirm that external calls through a VOIP provider work correctly as well.
    The problem only occurs with external PSTN calls. We are using a Patton 4114 running firmware v 5.5, so it looks like we are getting close to solving this.

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, about your comments, is this solved?
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. donhounsell

Hi Michael

Eric and I have found that this is a problem with 3CX v9 and Patton gateway with firmware v5.5. I have not yet tried downgrading the Patton back to 5.4, so I cannot confirm that this is a work around. Will post again when I can get a chance to do this. Another post was from agilis, who has not yet confirmed that their problem is the same cause.

In any event, I would not describe this as 'solved', because 3CX v8 worked OK with Patton v5.5, and v9 does not, so I would think we have a work around at best, and their is a defect in 3CX v9. Surely you would want 3CX to work with latest Patton firmware?

- Don -

10. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Yes, in the meantime I will check. Keep us informed.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

The 3CX-supplied configuration guide for the Patton SN-4960 (http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-sn4960.html) clearly states the supported/tested firmware version number.

If functionality with a particular firmware version is found to be sufficiently stable and issue-free, we typically run with the supported/tested version for some time.

Having said that, we have made a quick test and found that Firmware 5.6 seems not to have the problem. The tests were run on the BRI devices, but typically the BRI and PRI devices share almost all hardware/firmware components.

You may try firmware R5.6 2010-07-15 H323 SIP BRI to try to resolve your issue - but keep in mind that we have not tested the full set of features, nor run any bulk tests.

The logic you are using to blame 3CX is interesting, but flawed. Consider:

3CX v8 + patton 5.3 - works
    3CX v9 + patton 5.3 - works
    3CX v8 + patton 5.5 - works
    3CX v9 + patton 5.5 - not working

How about telling Patton Support that "I would not describe this as 'solved', because Patton 5.3 worked OK with 3CX v9, and Patton 5.5 does not, so I would think we have a work around at best, and there is a defect in Patton 5.5. Surely you would want Patton to work with latest 3CX PBX?"

In any case, I strongly recommend you stick to the versions stated in the configuration guides, since these are the ones that have gone through our tests.

Regards

12. donhounsell

Thanks

I will try 5.6 on the Patton. If that doesn't work I will revert to an older version. I do recall the note in the configuration guide (which says that support will only be provided with 5.3). I obviously did not read this properly at the time, as I had assumed (as is common with other products) that it meant '5.3 or later' - clearly it does not say that.

I am a little taken aback by the ferocity of your response. i apologise if I gave the impression that I was 'blaming' 3CX. I have used 3CX successfully with 5.5 for about 6 months, and it was only after upgrading 3CX that the fault was exhibited, so naturally I have looked to 3CX first for an explanation, and I think my initial conclusion that it is a fault with v9 is quite reasonable. I do accept that it is feasible that there has been a fault lurking in Patton v5.5 that is now only exhibited by the upgrade to 3CX.

-Don-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.