Can't uninstall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John_in_NC, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_in_NC

I tried to uninstall ver 8 from my Windows 2003 server today.

Before I ran the uninstall I manually stopped the services. Maybe I shouldn't have done that because the uninstall got stuck at the point where it said "Stopping Services".

I actually have it up and ran back up/restore but now in a situation where the system IVR not working and will not let me uninstall it.
    Apparently the uninstall had removed some files already.
    So when I try to run the uninstall it says "This action is valid for products that are currently installed".

I was going to manually delete the files but it is tied in with a database and did not want to jack up my server.
    Trying to install the same version on top says to uninstall the old version before continuing.
    Any suggestions?

2. nightwolf

I just went through the same thing. I followed the instructions to manually delete files in the registry and kept trying the installation checker. Once it said the application data & assembly files passed I tried the installation of v9 and it went through okay even though the installation checker said the product installation and phone system folder hadn't been removed yet. I kept trying until I didn't see "This action is valid for products that are currently installed" anymore.
    You should be okay if you only delete what's mentioned in the removal process.

3. John_in_NC

I did the same thing, finally got all of it removed manually via regedit and deleting files.
    I then tried to install 9 and it failed. Said something about not having permission even though I was logged in as Adminsitrator.

Had to install 8 back in and load from backup. Got system restored back as ver 8.

Running Windows SBS 2003 with IIS and Exchange.

4. carolinainnovative

Like I said in the private message, John - it really sounds like a Group Policy issue - or something else on your server itself preventing the install. Is your server up to date? Are any events recorded in the event log when you try to install v9?

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

You would need someone from support to clean up your pc due to the bad uninstalltion that you have, you could also attempt at finding the 3CX folder yourself, stored in (program files & program data) and deleting them manually, then try and reinstall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.