Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Captcha Much

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Other than reporting spam posts...

Can one of the adminz please add a captcha plugin to the forum on the forum registrations?
    If not, the classic form of "are you human? Yes No" will knock it down at least.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I asked for something like this a long time ago, along with some "hoops" for new members to jump through, like a 2 day delay before post are permitted, or a limit on the number of posts for new users, at least for a short time period. That would prevent (or at least slow down) someone from becoming a member, then immediately spamming every forum topic with ads. If they could only post once, and it was SPAM, they could then be flagged and deleted before becoming too much of a nuisance.

3. Cjay

Cjay New Member

It looks like there is already a Captcha on new member registrations? How about increasing the number of moderators by perhaps even giving some of the long standing user base the rights to delete spam messages and/or block spamming ID's? This morning I had to trawl through 2 pages of rubbish before finding anything relevant.

Of course granting such rights to members outside of the 3cx organisation could be highly contentious...!

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I’ll ask this 3CX a while ago especially for the Dutch forum because I participate the most on that forum. 3CX answer was “NO”.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.