Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CatchAll for non-existent extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ckatterl, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckatterl

Dear all,

how could i transfer all calls to non-existent extensions to a catch-all-extension (for ex. to the receptionist)

Let me explain:
    An external caller will get routed to the configured extension....BUT when I dial for example 310 instead of 3100 (internally to internally), the PBX will say "This number does not exist".
    How can i catch those calls and transfer them to the reception?

BTW, we need to dial 0 for outbound calls.

BR, Christian

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Because the call (in the case of an incorrect number) doesn't end up in a "location" that allows you to set a route, I can't see that this can be done You may be able to replace the recording being reached with one that adds addition information, such as listing an extension that will reach someone to help.

3. ckatterl

Hi,

i could resolve it with the following trick.
    We have 2 PBX's (both 3CX).
    I created a SIP-trunk between those 2 phone systems and added a "catch-all" outgoing-rule at the very end of the outgoing rules. All calls to undefinied routes are routed to the second pbx which re-injects it to the reception of the first PBX.

Not nice, but working.

BR, Christian

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it were outgoing calls only, you could create a Loop trunk back into the PBX and accomplish the same thing with a single PBX. Problem is that the original issue, you listed as dealing with miss-dialled extension numbers. You would have to create outbound rules to cover every possible combination of numbers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.