CDR Cost a penny a second?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John_in_NC, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John_in_NC

Hey guys, I am a Trixbox/Asterisk converted user. Very impressed so far as to the ease in setup on the 3CX system.

Was hoping someone could help me tweak a setting. Not sure of the file structure so a breakdown of any INI's or other settings I can tweak would be a plus.

I have a guest that uses my phone system so would like to use the "Cost" field in the CDR report. But I am not so sure I understand where it get's its calculations. I am looking at one call for example; ring time 00:00:03, talk 00:01:02, Cost shows up at 1.04. Is that $1.04?
    Do I understand that this is one penny a second?
    Can someone please explain where I can tweak this?

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

Always nice to hear that we managed to convert an Asterisk user to 3CX.

To answer your question, what you are looking for is in the 3CX Management Console > View > Billing Information.

1.04 is the cost for your 1:02Minute call.
    By Default 3CX's billing information has all of it's values set to 1.0 per minute.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John_in_NC

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I know some places and regions cost more but for the time being is there a way I can simply change it to cost .02 per minute?

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes of course, as i said you can go in the Management Console > View > Billing Information and change the cost for the region you like.
    You can change those values, they are not there just for show :p

You can even add your own regions / prefixes if you go down to the end of the list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. John_in_NC

Okay great!! Thanks!

6. haikton

Hi.
    I've an issue with "Cost" field. Cost shows 00:00 when "Talking" shows(to mobile network or fixed line) 00:04 minutesor other not 0 minutes value within report. So when I calculate the cost it's bring a huge difference.
    What could be the issue, please help I need it to create invoice.

Thanks in advance.
    Hyak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.