CDR Log

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dhansen, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhansen

What formats/databases are available to stored the CDR in?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. hgcomp

access - sql

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhansen

Thanks for the response.

Forgive me lack of knowledge of the 3CX infrastructure but is it possible to configure/script 3CX to save the CDR to a different MSSQL database either on a remote server or the same server?

The purpose of the functionality is to allow a billing system to pick and rate the CDR for billing/call accounting.

Thanks,
    Dean

4. mickp

Seems (imho) like you'd be best to pull this data from the POSTGRESS database that 3cx runs on. The call reporting thinger is built on access and connects to the postgress db for it's data afaik (I've not got around to playing with it yet).

There's also a facility to enter account codes in 3cx that will show up in the db which might be useful for your app. You may want to schedule a DTS job to pull the required data if you'd prefer to work solely in an mssql enrionment (or write your own app to retrieve this). I've no postgress experience but imagine that a trigger might also work if you need insta-data.

Mick.

5. dhansen

Doing a scheduled pull from the PostGres database will likely be the Phase1 approach. Scripting to have the CDR dump in real-time to our database might have to wait for Phase2.

Thanks for your input,
    Dean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.