Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

CDR Ouput

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by jdb, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdb

jdb

Is CDR\SMDR output available and if so what is the format?

Also how can this information be collected by a third party application?

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Call detail records are generated by 3CX just like for regular calls. You can query them using the 3CX Call Reporter tool.

Also, if you need more information about user behavior in the VAD callflow (for example, options selected, etc.), you can use a File Management component or Database Access component to write call records to a file or database by yourself on call disconnection. That way you can integrate with any other system you need.

3. jdb

jdb

Thanks for response

Just to clarify - we are the 3rd party developer.

I need to know how we would be able to get access to CDRs - as an example - would our customer need to configure CDRS to be output to a file that we could then collect?

Also I need to know what format they are in, eg. fields, field descriptions etc, as we would need to translate these CDRs for use in our own software.

4. VAD_Support

Call detail records generated by 3CX are in the PostgreSQL database, in the table "calldetails". You can explore it in your installation using a PostgreSQL client like this: http://sqlmanager.net/products/postgresql/manager/

In that table you have information related to the call, but there is no information about what the user did into the callflow. If you need that information, you will need to generate call records in the VAD callflow using a File Management component or a Database Access component, so you can store them where you need, and with the data and format you need.

5. jdb

jdb

OK, thanks for that.

We dont actually have an installation so I guess this is something the customer would have to do in order to generate CDRs

6. VAD_Support

Yes, your customer could see if the information generated is what they need. In that case just read CDRs from the database, otherwise you will have to add the required information using components in the VAD callflow.

7. stefmar84

Sorry, but i don't access on postgresql with pgamin to read the table called "calldetails".
    witch parameter i need to do that?

thanks for all.

Stefano Marconi

8. VAD_Support

Hi Stefano,

Are you having problems connecting to the 3CX database? What are you trying to do?

9. stefmar84

I had developed an application for 3cx 7.1 that read the databsae of pbx (with ODBC) and copy data in my MsSql server for make particulary call statistcs and reports.
    I had accessed with this parameter on pgadmin:
    server: localhost
    port: 5480
    db:phonesystem
    username:logsreader
    password:logsreader

when I update to V8 I can't access to db with the same parameter.

Thanks

10. VAD_Support

Well, the database username and password may have been changed.

Take a look at your 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file. The file is under C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin. In that file you have different database usernames and passwords, for different purposes (logsreader, configuration, etc.).

11. stefmar84

in my file 3CXPhoneSystem.ini i have this settings:

[CallReports]
    USERNAME=logsreader
    DATABASE=phonesystem
    PORT=5480
    DRIVER=PostgreSQL Unicode
    SERVER=localhost
    ReadOnly=1
    PASSWORD=Bq4=5Y_j/njkjh3kj{2+Hc

the password is encripted. how I can use that?

12. stefmar84

Sorry,
    i tryed the password and i enter.

thanks for all

STefano Marconi

13. VAD_Support

Yes, the password is not encrypted, it is generated with a strong password generation tool, but not encrypted.

14. Luis Santos

ive created a tool, passive socket server that would collect all of the smdr data and output this to a splite file.
    further all of the reporting can be achieved with microsoft power bi

PM me for further information or help with the setup

15. asmith3006

FWIW I wouldn't access the database. You can have the CDR records outputted in a number of ways (push TCP, Pull TCP, file etc.) and then get the data from there. We made a very single Pull TCP connector which just get the strings, splits it and then passes it to another DB for us to interrogate at our will. Querying the main DB for the phone system is just an unnecessary strain which could cause issues in the future.

16. Fresh Calendar

Take a look at your 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file. The file is under C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin. In that file you have different database usernames and passwords, for different november 2017 calendar purposes (logsreader, configuration, etc.).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.