CDR Output

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MikeMelga, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeMelga

Hi.

Is someone using the CDR output of 3CX?

I am trying (without success) to make a socket connection to my application.
    I've activated CDR output in the advanced section and set it to output on a single call via socket. Still haven't managed to get any output.

Does anyone have any experience with the CDR output? Any examples to share?

Thanks.

Regards,
    Mike

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Did you also modify the templates for the sockets? Hover your cursor over the question mark for the cdr options (settings, advanced cdr) and the system will show where the templates are located.

Also, from the main search bar at the top of any of the 3CX webpages, simply type in CDR and look at the results. You will see some examples of its use.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@MikeMelga

Outside of 3CX, I would turn off any firewalls you may have on both ends until you confirm that it is working. 3CX makes any necessary Windows Firewall modifications for regular call flow, but I don't know about CDR output to socket.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MikeMelga

Ok....I've managed to get some output.

It seems the port I've set in the template was already in use. I've changed the port and started getting output.

Still don't know if this will serve it's purpose but....I guess I'll find out soon :)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Mike

5. MikeMelga

So... I've been testing CDR output.

It doesn't seem to pass the kind of information I would need.

For example: the extension and group only reflect the initial extension and group. If you transfer the call to another extension... its always the first extension that shows up. Seems to be impossible to track the whole call.

I would need to know in which extension the call has ended. Is this possible?

6. lneblett

My guess is that you can get what you need, but have to modify the templates accordingly. The CDR is generally used as a feed for external billing systems. You might try the following:
    http://www.callaccounting.ws/

They have a 14 day trial and interface with 3CX (look at the faq for details) and if not mistaken, this is the app that 3CX uses for their testing. Otherwise, you may have to outline your exact requirements and contract with 3CX or an outside 3rd party house to get what you need.

7. MikeMelga

lneblett,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying that 3CX can output more parameters than those included in the xml templates?

I've taken a look at the Call Accounting app and nothing there indicates that they use anything other than the parameters on the template :(

Unless there are indeed more parameters being output... I'm at a dead end.

8. lneblett

http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXHotelModuleManual.pdf

Nope, not saying that more is available as a fact, just surmising. take a look at the above link.....it might also prove insightful....look at smdr as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.