Cell numbers not showing up in 3cx phonebook

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by geeves, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geeves

We have a small setup of about 15 users all using yealink t38g phones. In the extensions tab of 3cx all cellphone numbers have been added, but when viewing the 3cx phonebook via phone, it will only show the extension. I am looking for a solution other than using the company directory as it either:
    A. creates duplicate names, one for 3cx contact and one one for the company directory
    B. Disable/Hide auto generated phonebook and put extensions in company directory, which do not show up on the t38.

When hiding auto-generated contacts and using company directory, the 3cx desktop phone no longer shows the ability to chat, leave voicemail, etc as it is treated as an outside extension.

I attempted to edit each contact manually on the server via file, but all contacts were overwritten (Mostly likely by it reprovisioning)

Using 3cx V 12.5

Yealink phones all using firmware version: 38.70.0.221

Thanks

2. solutionsit

Give this a whirl.
    It's not supported by 3cx but works ok for us
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/post173874.html#p173874

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If I recall, 3cx does not enter the cell phones into the phonebook.
    I ended up importing them into the "Phonebook" within 3cx Management template and update them when necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.