CELL PHONE CARRIER

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jacog, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacog

At the moment I am using VOIP to dial out. My VOIP carrier is a fixed DSL line. However in the event that my fixed DSL line fails, I want to connect a cell phone to my 3cx system, and then dial out via the cell phone. So the cell phone becomes the carrier. (It must be a cell phone, as the cell service provider requires an IMEI number)
    Is this possible?
    How do I connect the cell phone to my 3cx system, and what make and model of cell phone is preferred for this application. Do I need any other hardware?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can think of a couple of ways you can go (there may be more), depending on how much you want to spend.

There are GSM VoIP gateways (single and multiple line units) available. Some are designed using frequencies for certain parts of the world, so beware, if you plan on ordering one (make sure it works where you live). They aren't cheap and limit you to GSM networks. There may be some 3G models now on the market. LTE is probably still too new.

You can use a Bluetooth device that is designed to allow a standard phone to place and receive calls over your Bluetooth enabled mobile.

Like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6JNSeLwgh8

A device such as this along with a VoIP gateway (such as the SPA-3102) would give you what you wanted. In addition, as soon as your mobile was in range, you could then answer a call on any 3CX extension that the trunk was routed to, meaning you don't have to carry your mobile at home/in the office, and can leave it charging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.