Cell phone in Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joebergquist, Oct 18, 2007.

1. joebergquist

I am new to 3CX.

I have ports on firewall forwarded per instructions in the forum.

I have defined an extension 201, it is set to forward all calls to a cell phone. From IVR or Eyebeam, I dial extension 201 and call forwards to cell phone as expected.

I defined a Ring Group 802 including extension 201. The cell phone does not ring. Eyebeam at extension 201 rings even though all calls should be forwarded to the cell phone.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

In that cases, i believe that, if the phone is not registered wich it must be the case, it wont simply do anything.... Dont know if its a 3CX issue or if its really like that...

Cheers

3. joebergquist

How do you set up a cell phone to ring as part of a ring group or can only SIP extensions be part of a ring group?

4. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

I believe that only registered devices can make part of a ring group, still, better to wait for more answers....
    Now, to workaround that, your could simply, set up a softphone and forward the call after like 2 seconds of ringing to that extension to the cell phone... i think that this way it will work, becouse you have a phone registered....

Cheers

5. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I can confirm for certain that ring groups will ignore unregistered extensions. I have also created a registered extension on a softphone set to forward to my mobile as part of the ring group with no success, only the registered non-forwarded extensions ring. I haven't had time to spare creating a reasonable work around and with v4 knocking on the door, it may be wasted time anyway.

6. bhavank

bhavank New Member

you can also use always forward function for the extension so when person dial that it, it will go to your mobile phone wihtout any delay.....

7. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

For me the forward function does not work for calls on the ring group, just calls made to the specific extension.

8. joebergquist

Forward does not work for me as part of the Ring Group. I have extension 201 registered using Eyebeam on a PC. Extension 201 is set to forward all calls to my cell phone in the 3CX interface. Works perfect when you dial extension 201. When you add 201 to Ring Group 802 (Ring All) and then dial 802, Eyebeam on the PC rings (which it should not) and the call is never forwarded to the cell phone.

9. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Not only the cell phone. It should be apply to all public phone numbers.

I wish ring group support public phone numbers as well in future version.

10. joebergquist

This is off topic but, once call is transfered to external phone, is there a key sequence to transfer to another extension?

11. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

The answer should be NO at current version build 2434. Since the call had been transfered to external phone. The external phone unable to make control of 3CX box.

12. joebergquist

3CX is a great system, but this feature is standard on many other systems. I will submit it to Feature Request.

13. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Please specify these "many other systems" :)

14. SteveC

This arrangement works for me, although there it only rings when the ring group fails to find an answer, so maybe it's not for you.

Setup an extension. The extension is "virtual". You don't need to set up a softphone. It does not need to be registered.
    Do not include the extension in the ring group, but set the ring group to forward to the "virtual" extension if no answer
    Set the "virtual" extension to always forward to the mobile

When the ring group fails to find an answer, your mobile will ring immediately.

I would agree with you that it would be good if it could ring at the same time, as found on other systems.

Steve

15. joebergquist

16. joebergquist

Steve, thanks for your idea, but I need to ring a few cell phones at the same time.

17. LORD ORION

Are these many other systems SIP based and non-proprietary?

I don't see how this would work in sip unless the system makes 2 calls and acts more like a bridged gateway itself.

Once the call is forwarded, that is a separate leg. If the cell phone picks up, how is the device it is connected too supposed to know where the callee is located to ask it to disconnect from 3CX?

It would be interesting to see a wireshark trace from the callee's side of the network to compare it to the eyebeam's side of the network to see why it is ringing.

18. joebergquist

I imagine that it takes double-legging to make it work. I sent Sy a list of products that I have used with that feature. I don't really want to advertise competitive products here. I think 3CX is a very nice product. Some systems use "*" or "##" to get the menu and then a numeric selection like "3" to transfer, followed by the extension number. Other pbx selections are available as well such as transfer to VM etc.

19. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

It is not advertisement, just specify the system and specify the list of requirements for features like "##" "*" "3" and then specify restrictions as well.

Thanks

P.S. I have answered your question in private.

20. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Addendum:
    Could you please specify any provider who support transfer for mobile(or stationary) phone and specify mobile(stationary) phone with transfer capability.

Thanks