Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Central firmware update to Yealink phone not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Keith Beeby, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Beeby

Hi

Under the Phone section in the admin console, it shows that some of our Yealink Phones (T21P E2) need firmware updates, I select the phone(s) and choose the Firmware upgrade, but the phone never get the firmware update?

Any ideas why its not working ?

Thanks

Keith

2. Michael Groom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Keith Beeby

4. Michael Groom

You will need to manually update them, My system is setup the same way and will not push the firmware update across the stun server from what i have found.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Keith Beeby

Any options to get this to work, deploying firmware centrally where the all the phone are remote is essential, is this just a limitation of the 3CX solution?

I can provision the phones remotely so wonder why it can just get the command to get the lastest firmware from the 3CX servers? Also strangely enough the option to reboot the phone also doesn’t work?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

7. CCAdmin

We are having this issue as well.
    We are now using Google Cloud for our PBX host (through the 3CX wizard process).
    All the firewall rules are in place in Google Cloud that the 3CX wizard built and there
    are rules on our remote firewalls that accept traffic from the PBX internet IP.
    The phones/extensions are working fine and per your video link they are all set to "PBX delivers audio" since more than one phone is located remotely. The phones are set with separate/unique SIP/RTP ports just like your video mentions.

However, we are also unable to remotely update our firmware centrally from the PBX.

Maybe there's a firewall rule that the 3CX wizard doesn't create when it builds the Google Cloud PBX?

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

@CCAdmin

Are the unique sip ports correctly forwarded on the remote sites firewall? Are you able to reboot the phones through the management console?
    Firmware updates are done through https so no additional configuration is required on the PBX firewall.

9. CCAdmin

Yes, the sip ports are FWD'd on the remote firewall.
    Yes, I'm able to reboot the phone.
    The firmware will not apply though.
    Can't get the firmware to work remotely.

10. CCAdmin

YiannisH_3CX - any update on this? I have setup everything you claim is needed and yet the firmware still will not update centrally from the 3CX server. We have to manually go to each phone.

This is a 3CX (Linux) server on Google cloud, created by your wizard process.

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

In that case we will need to further investigate the issue further. Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m. with details on what we will need to troubleshoot the issue.

12. TeleTech

Curious if there has been any update on this?

13. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

is it an older firmware? sometimes you can not jump too far between firmwares and need an intermediate update.

14. CCAdmin

I updated a T23G to a firmware one step down from the server suggested and that phone actually rebooted and updated itself to the newest one without my intervention. I'll have to test more of those to see if that was a fluke or not.

However, I did the same with a T22P (loaded 7.73.0.50 vs server suggested 7.73.0.60). After rebooting the phone and seeing it on the server, it still did nothing when attempting to upgrade it via the server "phones" page.

15. CCAdmin

I've been working with 3CX on this and found the issue/resolution:

Issue:
    PBXExpress 3CX v15 uses a new "Let's Encrypt X3" SSL cert that isn't supported on older FW.
    x.73.0.60 is the first firmware that supports the new "Let's Encrypt X3" SSL that v15 uses.
    Also, Yealink doesn't support jumping several firmware versions.

Resolution:
    If you haven't upgraded to v15 yet, update all your phones to the latest approved 3CX FW, then upgrade.
    If you have already updated your server to v15... If your phones are too far back, manually update them to x.73.0.60 and you should be good with any future FW updates centrally from the PBX. If your phones are close to the FW version, you must manually "disable" the "Only Accept Trusted Certificates" setting, then you can use the PBX to centrally update the phone. Or, since you're already in the phone manually, you can just update to the latest FW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.