• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Central management of 3cx Client options - like group policy - IN PROGRESS

solutionsit

Gold Partner
Reaction score
I would be nice to apply settings to extension groups.

example
Customer wants to automatically open chat window on incoming chat, for every user.
we now have to go around and change them all or send emails to everyone hoping they can follow directions

Options that would be nice to have mass control over
Override profile status in chat would be another one
Focus
transfering using drag and drop
video and audio options
Hot Keys
Switch board options - views, call filter, view options

Upvote 13
Re: Central management of 3cx Client options - like group policy

You can find the pop-up option in settings.

Chat -> Chat settings -> Automatically open chat window on incoming chat.

Groups of extensions may have BLF's in 3CXPhone (and hardphones, for that matter) configured in a certain way. It's extremely time consuming and error-prone to set these for each extension individually. A couple of tick boxes might do the trick - one idea: "copy BLF settings from Extension: nnnn".

yes i agree, there are to many manual settings to maintain in 3cx, we need better automation of settings for large environment. I also need a setting to turn automatic chat popup on for al clients.

Yes, please do this. I have many non technical employees and the chat window is a great example. It basically caused our employees to stop using chat because they don't see the window. Also 3CX seems to like changing defaults which further confuses our employees. I would really like some ability to configure very basic settings, even if it is just changing the defaults and not necessarily enforcing a configuration.

Central control of 3CX client options is progress

fantastic news!
Thanks Nick

looking forward to seeing this as well. Thanks for keeping us updated.

cfive said:
A couple of tick boxes might do the trick - one idea: "copy BLF settings from Extension: nnnn".
That would make a lot of things easier! Can't be that hard to do.

Did those "Central control of 3CX client options" get implemented?

I'm wondering if this is still on the "in progress" list. I also think it would be nice to lock down settings like in group policy, so for instance, people cannot modify settings like changing their company photo.

I'm wondering if this is still on the "in progress" list. I also think it would be nice to lock down settings like in group policy, so for instance, people cannot modify settings like changing their company photo.

Yep it would be great if we can provisionning some defaults settings like "behavior, themes etc..."

Going to bump this. Last post was in august last year. Is this still planned for implementation?

Giving this what seems like its annual bump.

I just set up the Chat&Talk plugin for Wordpress, so clients can chat to whoever is on duty directly from our website. It would be great if there was a GPO to configure the 3CX client to pop out the chat window when a message was received (among other settings). I know this is a manual setting, but going round 40 users over two sites one by one shouldn't be something we need to do in 2020.

From what I can tell this still isn't a thing?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.